How can I print a sent email with all BCC recipients showing?

MS Outlook 2002, SP3 - Default is apparently not to print the BCC recipients
of a sent email. How can I get it to print them?

Thanks for your help!

Scott Atkins[MSFT]

Hi,

The Bcc field of a mail message cannot be printed in Microsoft Outlook. This behavior is by design for security reasons.

Please refer to the following Knowledge Base (KB) article for more information.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;186690

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications

Thanks for the info. & link to MS article.

I figured it was security-related but figured that since I was the sender &
can even view the BCC recipients in the 'Sent' folder, that it would allow (@
least w/tweaking) to print. Bummer.

Again, thanks!

Trishkie

Scott, I agree with her. As the creator and sender of the message, you
should be able to print a file copy of your email with all reciepiants
whether they are TO/CC or BCC. The point is to keep the BCC's from knowing
who they are (if there are several) and to keep the TO/CC from knowing the
BCC also saw the message. It's not meant to keep the sender from documenting
those relationships if he/she chooses to print it as it was actually sent.

I think this is a flaw that should be fixed.

I agree that when I send an email using the bcc option I should be able to
print the email showing the bcc recipients.
Tracey

Roady [MVP]

It's not a flaw; read the KB article.

If you want to print this field open the message-> open the form for
editing-> right click the field with the BCC-> Properties-> tab Validation->
enable Include this field for Printing and Save As

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

Hi
I tried to follow the steps below... but right clicking the BCC field
doesn't do anything for me. What does 'open the form for editing-> ' mean?
What are the steps for this?
--
Kathy

Roady said:
It's not a flaw; read the KB article.

If you want to print this field open the message-> open the form for
editing-> right click the field with the BCC-> Properties-> tab Validation->
enable Include this field for Printing and Save As

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
is the update for this flaw have been published?
thank you

Gary M said:
Scott, I agree with her. As the creator and sender of the message, you
should be able to print a file copy of your email with all reciepiants
whether they are TO/CC or BCC. The point is to keep the BCC's from
knowing
who they are (if there are several) and to keep the TO/CC from knowing the
BCC also saw the message. It's not meant to keep the sender from
documenting
those relationships if he/she chooses to print it as it was actually sent.

I think this is a flaw that should be fixed.

Roady [MVP]

Tools-> Forms-> Design this form...

--

Gary M said:
Scott, I agree with her. As the creator and sender of the message, you
should be able to print a file copy of your email with all reciepiants
whether they are TO/CC or BCC. The point is to keep the BCC's from
knowing
who they are (if there are several) and to keep the TO/CC from knowing
the
BCC also saw the message. It's not meant to keep the sender from
documenting
those relationships if he/she chooses to print it as it was actually
sent.

I think this is a flaw that should be fixed.

All,
As a sender of bcc, you can see the bcc's when you open a message. So, one
solution is to do a screen snapshot to a word file, but it will not look as
good.

Regards,
Mark

http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----

:

--------------------
From: "=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2hraWU=?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: How can I print a sent email with all BCC recipients
showing?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

MS Outlook 2002, SP3 - Default is apparently not to print the BCC
recipients
of a sent email. How can I get it to print them?

Thanks for your help!

LSUSgina

Has there been any progress on being able to print a copy of your original
email that includes the bcc's without doing the extra steps mentioned in this
email trail?

From: "=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2hraWU=?=" <[email protected]>
showing?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

MS Outlook 2002, SP3 - Default is apparently not to print the BCC
recipients
of a sent email. How can I get it to print them?

Thanks for your help!

Roady [MVP]

You can use a printing addin for this such as;
http://addins.howto-outlook.com/sperry_printondemand
If you decide to order use BH93RF24 to get a discount.

From: "=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2hraWU=?="
<[email protected]>
showing?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

MS Outlook 2002, SP3 - Default is apparently not to print the
BCC
recipients
of a sent email. How can I get it to print them?

Thanks for your help!

Lorri

Roady - I downloaded the print on demand add in and I still cannot get the
bccs to print in Sent Mail. I have Outlook 2007 with Exchange Server 2007.
It is really imperative that we be able to print bccs especially in the legal
environment. I tried the "design the form" option - but that is extremely
cumbersome and has to be done each time?

From: "=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2hraWU=?="
<[email protected]>
showing?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

MS Outlook 2002, SP3 - Default is apparently not to print the
BCC
recipients
of a sent email. How can I get it to print them?

Thanks for your help!

Roady [MVP]

Hi Lorri,

I don't have the addin available here to test it directly. Isn't the print
BCC option available when you press the Options... button in the
configuration screen of the addin?

You can contact Sperry Software Support on how to do this. I believe their
Live Chat is even on-line right now to assist you instantly.

Indeed, the design the form option is on a per-message-base only.

If that addin doesn't do the trick for you at all, ask for a refund and then
you might be interested in the Print Tools addin from MAPILab instead;
http://addins.howto-outlook.com/mapilab_printtools

That addin has the option for sure as shown on the following screenshot;
http://www.mapilab.com/images/screenshots/print_tools/print-tools-for-outlook-5.gif

If you decide to order use 4PM76A8 to get a discount.

LSUSgina said:
[...]

'
mean?
What are the steps for this?
--
Kathy

:

From: "=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2hraWU=?="
<[email protected]>
showing?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

MS Outlook 2002, SP3 - Default is apparently not to print the
BCC
recipients
of a sent email. How can I get it to print them?

Thanks for your help!

Gordon

Roady said:
Hi Lorri,

I don't have the addin available here to test it directly. Isn't the print
BCC option available when you press the Options... button in the
configuration screen of the addin?

Interesting concept - you send an email with people in the BCC field, then
print it out including the BCC field just so that you can leave it
(accidentally) lying around for nosey people to see. Rather defeats the
object of BCC don't you think?

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Interesting concept - you send an email with people in the BCC field, then
print it out including the BCC field just so that you can leave it
(accidentally) lying around for nosey people to see. Rather defeats the
object of BCC don't you think?

Not necessarily. While I might send a message to a number of people whose
addresses I wish to keep secret among the recipients, I might not care if my
wife standing next to me sees those addresses. Only if you were to send a
paper copy to the original recipients would your presumption truly apply.

Gordon

Brian Tillman said:
Not necessarily. While I might send a message to a number of people whose
addresses I wish to keep secret among the recipients, I might not care if
my wife standing next to me sees those addresses. Only if you were to
send a paper copy to the original recipients would your presumption truly
apply.

I agree you to a certain extent, but in an Office environment, anyone could
see a printed email....

Lorri

Roady - no unfortunately the only option was To: and CC: It may not solve
my problem for BCC but it does have some usefulness to it. I'll try the
other option as well. Thank you Lorri

From: "=?Utf-8?B?VHJpc2hraWU=?="
<[email protected]>
showing?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:09:33 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

MS Outlook 2002, SP3 - Default is apparently not to print the
BCC
recipients
of a sent email. How can I get it to print them?

Thanks for your help!

Lorri

Gordon - in legal world email communication is treated like paper and you
need to show who has received your communication. It is a necessary evil in
our line of business.

Gordon

Lorri said:
Gordon - in legal world email communication is treated like paper and you
need to show who has received your communication. It is a necessary evil
in
our line of business.

Then maybe you shouldn't be using BCC at all.
Openness and clarity is good in a legal environment....