how can I edit a guest book entry

some idiot put a gambling spam entry on our church web page guest book... how
can I edit it out and leave all the others?

Jim

The easy part is going into the guestbook directory and
editing (deleting the offending entries) the
guestbook.html. The hard part (and this is what I am
interested in solving) is to stop this from happening in
the future. I get 2 or 3 entries a week from spammers.

Tom Pepper Willett

If it's available on the internet, anyone can post to the guest book.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
| The easy part is going into the guestbook directory and
| editing (deleting the offending entries) the
| guestbook.html. The hard part (and this is what I am
| interested in solving) is to stop this from happening in
| the future. I get 2 or 3 entries a week from spammers.

the guest book comes up blank in my directory... If I could "see" and entry I
would know how to erase it... but I have the guest book html for the sign
in... and then the log (which is blank) in my directory, but no where to see
the entry to erase it.
thanks

Thanks Jim.... worked on it again and got it!!!

Jim said:
The easy part is going into the guestbook directory and
editing (deleting the offending entries) the
guestbook.html. The hard part (and this is what I am
interested in solving) is to stop this from happening in
the future. I get 2 or 3 entries a week from spammers.

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

You need to look for guestlog.htm

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

i went to my ftp guest book and I couldn't delete any entry.. where are you
going to delete stuff? help me please..geno

Tom [Pepper] Willett

What "ftp guest book" are you referring to?
--
===
Tom [Pepper] Willett
About FrontPage 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/home/office.aspx?assetid=FX01085802
===
|i went to my ftp guest book and I couldn't delete any entry.. where are you
| going to delete stuff? help me please..geno
|

| "nanadeb" wrote:
|
| > some idiot put a gambling spam entry on our church web page guest
book... how
| > can I edit it out and leave all the others?

I went to the guestlog.htm and all there is, is a sentence that says replies
will be inserted here or something like that. I can not see the entry that I
would like to delete.

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
You need to look for guestlog.htm

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: how can I edit a guest book entry
Subject: RE: Guestbook Blocker

the guest book comes up blank in my directory... If I could
"see" and entry I would know how to erase it... but I have
the guest book html for the sign in... and then the log
(which is blank) in my directory, but no where to see the
entry to erase it.
thanks

Ronx

You need to got to the guestlog.htm on the server, not your own hard disc.
Open the remote site in FrontPage and edit from there.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
You need to look for guestlog.htm

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: how can I edit a guest book entry

the guest book comes up blank in my directory... If I could
"see" and entry I would know how to erase it... but I have
the guest book html for the sign in... and then the log
(which is blank) in my directory, but no where to see the
entry to erase it.
thanks

That did it, thank you very much!