Hosting? Windows or Linux?

G

What is the best hosting option. I have Front Page 2003 running on Windows XP Pro. Are some of the FP functions limited on Linux servers? Windows Servers? Tell me all I ever wanted to know about this subject. :)

T

Thomas A. Rowe

If want or think you will want to use Microsoft technologies, such as ASP, ASP.net, SharePoint,
Access databases, File Upload, then you want a Windows Web host.

However, you must check with the host, as they have to the option to support or not support certain
features of the FP extensions.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

frontpager said:
What is the best hosting option. I have Front Page 2003 running on Windows XP Pro. Are some of
the FP functions limited on Linux servers? Windows Servers? Tell me all I ever wanted to know
about this subject. :)

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Crash_Gordon=AE?=

After having several webs on linux/unix since 95, I was finally convinced by "some people" :) to try Windows Server...totally glad I did. I can do more stuff now...I can even blow up databases!

I still have a few webs on linux because the clients don't want to switch right now.

The windows host I'm with now offers a 30 day no-nonsense money back guarantee...if you not happy. I'm sure other reputable hosts have similar policies...doesn't hurt to try a good host...if you don't like it switch to another.

jmo...
rob

| What is the best hosting option. I have Front Page 2003 running on Windows XP Pro. Are some of the FP functions limited on Linux servers? Windows Servers? Tell me all I ever wanted to know about this subject. :)

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Sound good, however ask if they actually support all features of the FP2002 extensions.

--
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

G

Don't know what you mean by "all features of the FP2002 extensions". What are all of the features

----- Thomas A. Rowe wrote: ----

Sound good, however ask if they actually support all features of the FP2002 extensions

--
=============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
WEBMASTER Resources(tm
http://www.ycoln-resources.co
FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc
=============================================
To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see
http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.as

C

chris leeds

Windows.
using anything else seems like putting diesel fuel in a gasoline driven car.
(IMHO)

--
The email address on this posting is a "black hole". I got tired of all the
spam.
Please feel free to contact me here:
http://nedp.net/contact/
--

frontpager said:
What is the best hosting option. I have Front Page 2003 running on
Windows XP Pro. Are some of the FP functions limited on Linux servers?
Windows Servers? Tell me all I ever wanted to know about this subject. :)

Ask a Question