Homeward Bound

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just thought i'd let you know that i have almost finished my travelling. Leaving NZ on friday and heading home to sunny scotland, Sorry i didnt get a chance to drop in on you Cirianz, did the whole of NZ in 2 weeks and only got one speeding ticket, amazing!! I did have the best night in NZ in Dunedin though. Out drinking and dancing until 7am!!

See ya.

Bodhi

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Will be good to see you back Bodhi :thumb:

Shame you didn't manage to see Ciri whilst in NZ - she's into wearing very short skirts at the moment ;) :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I am sure you had a good time and the experience gained would prove to be very useful back home :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:D Glad you managed to have a good time while here bhodi :) Sorry we couldn't turn the weather down a notch or three for you:(. Mind you... you should've seen some of the trees down on the beach a couple of bays around from here & the number & size of some of the slips on the road out to Aromoana was quite scary, although they've bulldozed all the roads now of course, but still a reminder of what we can't control!
Plus a bluddy great chunk of our path's missing now & today's rain has just put the creek level up over the path again :rolleyes: dunno if we'll have quite so much path by the end of all this flooding. & God knows how much longer it'll go on for. Everytime we think it's easing off it starts back up again:(. Meanwhile you lot have all got a drought going on up there haven't you?

So where did you go while you were out here bhodi:) The outback can be ok, we were there for a friends birthday recently... although their music was a bit boring at first. Undanceable, but we got them sorted:p

Reaction score
Hey,

Started at the Captain Cook, then the Two Bears, then one that i cant remember then ended up in KC's. Was a great night, just cause everywhere was busy and we had someone to buy us drinks all night. Still cant believe we lasted til 7am though, had to scrap the 10am drive to Christchurch the next day though!! Seems like a nice place Dunedin though. Although we did drive all the way out to see the albatros but didnt see any, we did see yellow eyed penguins though!! :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Homeward Bound...

'I''m sitting on the railway Station
Got a ticket for my destination....'

Yep, I think Simon & Garfunkel actually managed to write one good song :)

Safe journey home bodhi.

As long as you live, you won't forget the last year or so. Believe me :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hey,

Started at the Captain Cook, then the Two Bears, then one that i cant remember then ended up in KC's. Was a great night, just cause everywhere was busy and we had someone to buy us drinks all night. Still cant believe we lasted til 7am though, had to scrap the 10am drive to Christchurch the next day though!! Seems like a nice place Dunedin though. Although we did drive all the way out to see the albatros but didnt see any, we did see yellow eyed penguins though!! :)

Ahhh.... The Captain Cook :D Dunedin's primary scarfie pub, must admit I haven't hung out there in a long time. We used to go down the Abalone to dance mostly as they always had really good dance music, then they got bought out a couple of years ago & the new owners play really bright-bouncy-teenybopper music. Got boring VERY quickly. The mission plays good music but has a 'sticky' dance floor :( The Woolshed is pure 'meat market'. Once I was in there half an hour & had four different guys try & pick me up :rolleyes: Now-adays if we're going dancing we usually go to a place down princess st. Always has a long queue & has this appalling 'mezzanined' dance floor, but it's still one of the best places to dance in Dunedin. When we just want to hang we go down a place called "Dicey O'reillys". Is always a good place to kick back & relax. I especially like it when the band "Shiner" are playing there :D

Whoops, gotta go :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
cirianz said:
The Woolshed is pure 'meat market'. Once I was in there half an hour & had four different guys try & pick me up :rolleyes:
Not quite sure what the problem is Ciri :confused:

laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Ah, Dicey O'reilleys, is that on High Street? Thats where i stayed, a backpackers place up the High Street on the right hand side. I seem to remember walking past that pub at the bottom of High Street. I like the Octagon aswell, good idea having everything around like that.

Hey, guess what everyone, i was looking forward to getting home and hooking my laptop into my folks 8Mbps wireless connection, only to discover that they have got rid of it cause my mother now has dial up business broadband!!! :-( OMG, its awful, i cant hook my laptop into it or anything!!!! Gutted.

Anyone know a good, fast and cheap broadband provider? I have a wireless router etc, but need the provider. One without contracts would be good cause i might only be here for a couple of months.

Cheers ma deers.

Bodhi

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
try plusnet thy do monthly contracts and its £20 for up to 8meg

Reaction score
Is that who you use? Anyone else use plusnet?

My mum works for BT, and can get pretty good deal for like £15/month, but on a 12 month contract, which sucks cause i might not still be here.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i use them and chris does and a couple of other people i know use them, i've only has one problem and that was due to bt upgrading the exchange but none of my friends have had any problems

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
bodhi said:
Ah, Dicey O'reilleys, is that on High Street? Thats where i stayed, a backpackers place up the High Street on the right hand side. I seem to remember walking past that pub at the bottom of High Street. I like the Octagon aswell, good idea having everything around like that.

Yep, that's the one :D A good place to kick back & relax. We like to pop in there for a couple of drinks before we go out dancing, or head down there when we just wnat to hang out. I suppose it would be our local since our actual'local' pub is a bit too... uptight. Not good for relaxing in :rolleyes:

Reaction score
How weird is it that i know where your local pub is even though i live 12,000 miles away. It really is a small world isn't it?! :)

Reaction score
That is quite weird!

Yeah im with plusnet. Big thumbs up from me - if you want a referral name to save me 50p per month on mine then PM me :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your travels Bod, i bet you didnt wanna go home really!

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
bodhi said:
How weird is it that i know where your local pub is even though i live 12,000 miles away. It really is a small world isn't it?! :)

Yeah :)

Ask a Question