Home network with Win2000 Pro, win 98, and a hub.

Donald Jenkins

I currrently have 3 computer at home connected together
with an ethernet hub. My main computer is running Win2000
pro and the other 2 computers are running win 98. I just
hooked up cable internet connection to my main computer
and I'm trying to share the connection between all 3. My
cable modem comes up as Local Area Connection 2 and my
home network is local area connection. What steps do I
need to follow to share the Local area connection 2
internet access to the Local area connection? Thanks!

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Hi Donald,

To share that connection through your 2000 Pro machine, you will need to enable ICS (Internet
Connection Sharing). this will provide the path you will need for your other computers.

Please see the following public article for more info:
307311 HOW TO: Set Up Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 2000
http://kb/article.asp?id=Q307311

Hope this helps,
Gary

--------------------
'--'From: "Donald Jenkins" <[email protected]>
'--'Sender: "Donald Jenkins" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Home network with Win2000 Pro, win 98, and a hub.
'--'Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 06:51:50 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.