Home Network Setup

pele35uk

Hi
I have a PC, connected directly to a BT router and two laptop
connected through home plugs in bedrooms upstairs. All three machine
are running Windows XP Pro. Can you please tell me the easiest way t
network these together so that we can all use our HP Printer which i
connected directly to the PC. i have tried but have failed miserably.
Thank

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If the computers are connected to the same Router and can surf the Internet
then you already have a Network.
In order to communicate between themselves you need to configure the File
and Printer Sharing of each computer.
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

pele35uk

Jack said:
Hi
If the computers are connected to the same Router and can surf the
Internet
then you already have a Network.
In order to communicate between themselves you need to configure the
File
and Printer Sharing of each computer.
Windows XP File Sharing -
http://tinyurl.com/5tlvc
Printer Sharing XP -
http://tinyurl.com/2vvqy
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"pele35uk" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Hi
I have a PC, connected directly to a BT router and two laptops
connected through home plugs in bedrooms upstairs. All three
machines
are running Windows XP Pro. Can you please tell me the easiest way
network these together so that we can all use our HP Printer which is
connected directly to the PC. i have tried but have failed
miserably.
Thanks

I will give it a go. Thanks