Hobbicolors.com ink broke my printer. Need advise.

FrankOdom7883

I purchased a Canon printer from Costco. After it ran out of ink, I
purchased a refill ink kit from hobbicolors.com. The prints first
come out streaky, so I ran the cleaning mode. It didn't help. I kept
on running it for hours. Then the stupid ink from hobbicolors.com
totally stopped printing. I called Canon for help and they stated
that the hobbicolors.com ink broke the printer. The representative
would not give me a RMA number to repair the printer, and stated it
was not their fault. I requested to be transferred to the
supervisor. The supervisor stated the same thing. After I threatened
to return the printer at Costco (Costco has a lifetime return policy)
the supervisor stated that he was going to send me free ink. When the
ink came, I tried it again and it still won't print. Then I called
Canon again and tried a second time to get the printer repaired,
however Canon would not help me this time. Therefore, I went to
Costco, and the employee was trying to give me an attitude since the
item was opened. However, after I showed her that the printer still
had the new ink cartridges (the free ones Canon mailed me), they
allowed me to return it.

I need advise on which is the best printer to buy (less then $200.00)
that is considered a good printer to refill. Also, where is the best
place to buy the refill ink? I'm not going to use the hobbicolors.com
ink, it sucks.

Frank

Jim Ford

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

Also, where is the best
place to buy the refill ink? I'm not going to use the hobbicolors.com
ink, it sucks.

You should only use OEM ink!
(Oops, dunno what happened to me - I came all over 'Measekite' then.
Perhaps I've been on this NG too long!)

Jim Ford

Michael Johnson

One more in my kill file. Good thing their is plenty of room in there.
I actually got a chuckle out of this part of the post:

"The prints first come out streaky, so I ran the cleaning mode. It
didn't help. I kept on running it for hours."

That printer must be dripping ink from the absorption pad!

DK

I'm not going to use the hobbicolors.com ink, it sucks.

From: (e-mail address removed)
Newsgroups: comp.periphs.printers
Subject: Re: Detective Stan theory

From: (e-mail address removed)
Newsgroups: comp.periphs.printers
Subject: Hobbicolors.com ink broke my printer. Need advise.

Even your trolling is not good.

Frank

[...]

Hey meashershithead! You idiot! Give it up! You can't change names and
still use the same posting path.
You're beyond stupid!
Frank (the real one)

Frank

From: (e-mail address removed)
Newsgroups: comp.periphs.printers

From: (e-mail address removed)
Newsgroups: comp.periphs.printers

Even your trolling is not good.

OMG,...what a complete loser meashershithead is. He has not idea what
he's doing.
What a moron.
Frank

Burt

I purchased a Canon printer from Costco. After it ran out of ink, I
purchased a refill ink kit from hobbicolors.com. The prints first
come out streaky, so I ran the cleaning mode. It didn't help. I kept
on running it for hours. Then the stupid ink from hobbicolors.com
totally stopped printing.
(snip)

First post I've seen claiming that Hobbicolors inks "broke" a printer.
Three possibilities - 1) your printer was defective, 2) your refilling
technique was at fault, or 3) you are a ringer touting OEM ink with our
resident troll. Several people on this NG and on the Nifty Stuff Forum
refill this this ink and have done so for years with no printer problem.
Canon printers, even the most recent ones with chipped carts, are easily
refillable. I would stay away from the tricolor carts and the carts with
built in print heads as they are not as easily refilled. If you stay with
Canon consider the ip4300. When you refill carts you will lose the ink
monitoring system, but you can check that visually as the carts are
transparent. You need to educate yourself on refilling technique,
especially the method of sealing the fill hole after refilling. That was
probably the problem. In addition, one or two deep cleanings are all you
should run. If that doesn't solve the problem you need to look to other
causes of your problem. For lots of advice on Canon printers look at the
Nifty-Stuff forum. A bit of advice if you do - Don't start out with your
opinion that this ink damaged your printer. Describe what you did and what
happened after you did it. You will get advice on how to fix the problem if
it is fixable.

measekite

Michael said:
One more in my kill file. Good thing their is plenty of room in
there. I actually got a chuckle out of this part of the post:

"The prints first come out streaky, so I ran the cleaning mode. It
didn't help. I kept on running it for hours."

That printer must be dripping ink from the absorption pad!

Why is it that some of you people cannot accept that generic ink causes
problems. Which relabeler do you work for? Why killfile a poster
because he posted a problem with a specific generic ink? It does not
make sense.

Frank

measekite said:
Why is it that some of you people cannot accept that generic ink causes
problems.

Well...guess what...cause it doesn't! Now why can't you accept that
fact, huh?

Which relabeler do you work for?

There is no such thin as a "relabeler". That's a generic term that no
one recognizes or uses...well except you and you're and idiot!

Why killfile a poster because he posted a problem with a specific
generic ink? It does not
make sense.

Make sense? Does it make sense for you to keep changing your posting
name and expect anyone here to believe it's someone else other than you?
You see, this points to your underlying problem...and that is you've got
real some real deep seated problems. We all think you nuts!
Got it?
Frank

Branwynn

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @z28g2000prd.googlegroups.com:
I purchased a Canon printer from Costco. After it ran out of ink, I
purchased a refill ink kit from hobbicolors.com. The prints first
come out streaky, so I ran the cleaning mode. It didn't help. I kept
on running it for hours.

Yet another horribly obvious fake (and slanderous) creation. The article
below is so badly cooked up by uno who that Shrek reads like classical
English Literature by comparison. Yet another invented alias for your
plonk list.

Michael Johnson

Look at the above statement. It is an absolute.... "Generic ink causes
problems." It depends on the definition of "generic". If it means one
ink formulation that is marketed for use in multiple brands and/or
models of printers I would agree. If it is a blanket statement against
all after market ink then I personally know this is false. As do
millions of other people.

Like I have said before, keep buying OEM ink because it subsidizes the
price I will pay for my next new ink jet printer. I have grown quite
accustomed to having my cake and eating it too. ;)

FrankOdom7883

Measekite,

Now do you think that Frank has a financial interesting in
Hobbicolors?

FrankOdom7883

Measekite,

Now do you think that Frank has a financial interesting in
Hobbicolors?

Also, now do you think Branwynn and Frank is the same person? I
figure that if Frank hates me, I at least want him to have a good
reason to hate me.

Now the question is, who does he hate more? You or me? I hope it's
me, because he'll make me more popular.

FrankOdom7883

DK,

Your smart. I don't know how you did that. However, since you did
that, can you prove that I'm not Measekite to Frank. I shall call you
Detective DK. You are probably the only person that can clear me of
this crime. I AM NOT MEASEKITE.

facts2opinion

Dear Frank,

I just visited your website hobbicolors.com. It's not bad, I'm
waiting for the new look. I do want to recommend that you buy the
domain name hobbicolor.com and anything that sounds similar. (When
you become big, you don't want your competitors to steal the
misdirected traffic. Toy.com and toys.com are owned by 2 different
companies.) You should get rid of the fax/phone number, since it makes
your business look small. Just advertise your phone number, and when
a customer ask for your fax number, tell them it's the same number.
It's okay for returning customer to know you share a fax/voice line
since you won their trust already. However, if you want to play the
image as a big store, only advertise the voice line. Also, can you
post the price on your website or at least tell people to look on ebay
just in case they want to make a purchase immediately?

I still haven't decided on which ink to buy. I'm sort of scared to
buy from you, because you will know my address. I'm not sure if you
still hate me for exposing that you probably own hobbicolors.com and
that you probably go under alias Branwynn.

Well either case, if I can find enough facts that can back up that you
have the best ink, I will buy from you. I will also endorse you ink.
Facts2opinon does not do a bias rating...i only rate on product
quality, and not on personality defects. If I do buy from you, I will
order it from my friends address, since I still feel threaten by you.

Stan
ps. This is not 'fight back with david horitz, this is 'facts to
opinion from stan gee.'

Taliesyn

Burt said:

(snip)

First post I've seen claiming that Hobbicolors inks "broke" a printer.
Three possibilities -
1) The post was the handiwork of the newsgroup troll
2) The post was wishful thinking by the newsgroup troll
3) The chances of such an event happening are between slim and none if
using reputable inks made for specific printers. If you're using an
ink labeled "Works In All Printers", then you're on your own...

I've been using Hobbicolors inks for Canon for several years. If this
post had any ounce of truth in it my printer would have cried foul
years ago. Fact is, the ink is every bit as safe as Canon's own ink.
Take it from me - refill is my game. I've been refilling for about 10
years and no printer has ever died. I did have a printhead fail along
with the whole paper feed on a new printer in less than a month's use.
Everything was replaced and that printer is still working perfectly
several years later with the SAME inks. I've had no printhead fail on
any of my 3 Canon printers which have now accumulated more than 7 years
service. And all of it with various aftermarket inks - prefilled
cartridges from several different sources, HobbiColors, and
Atlanticinkjet bulk inks. Truth of the matter is, basically ignore any
screaming posted message that their printer died because of such and
such an ink. They're all likely to be bogus messages written by the one
and only troll of this newsgroup. Pretty easy to spot, they're all
written in the same style - laughable.

-Taliesyn

Roy G

[...]

I think this complete thread is rather stupid.

I don't care if the OP is or isn't Lord Voldemort, (otherwise known as You
Know Who).

He heads it up by complaining that Whats It's Ink broke his printer then he
complains that Canon wouldn't fix it.

If he really believed the Ink was at fault why didn't he complain to whoever
sold it, instead of to Canon.

It strikes me that the whole thing is a fabrication just to get the Pro-OEM
faction fighting with the 3rd-Party faction.

Roy G

Frank

Roy said:
I think this complete thread is rather stupid.

I don't care if the OP is or isn't Lord Voldemort, (otherwise known as You
Know Who).

He heads it up by complaining that Whats It's Ink broke his printer then he
complains that Canon wouldn't fix it.

If he really believed the Ink was at fault why didn't he complain to whoever
sold it, instead of to Canon.

It strikes me that the whole thing is a fabrication just to get the Pro-OEM
faction fighting with the 3rd-Party faction.

Roy G

Roy, the OP is our resident troll, meashershithead. He is posting as
stan, joe and frankodom and having a conversation/argument with himself.
He has never used any after market inks and proly never will. He's
obviously off his meds and has gone stark raving mad.
Too bad this isn't a moderated ng as he would have been banned years
ago, just like he has been banned from numerous other ng's.
It's quite clear, he's one sick puppy.
Frank

Branwynn

I think this complete thread is rather stupid.

I don't care if the OP is or isn't Lord Voldemort, (otherwise known as
You Know Who).

He heads it up by complaining that Whats It's Ink broke his printer
then he complains that Canon wouldn't fix it.

If he really believed the Ink was at fault why didn't he complain to
whoever sold it, instead of to Canon.

It strikes me that the whole thing is a fabrication just to get the
Pro-OEM faction fighting with the 3rd-Party faction.

There is no pro-OEM "faction" or even a 3rd-party "faction". But there
is an idiot faction ---> one poster using several aliases to play various
sides of purely fabricated issues.