Windows Vista Hmmm, strange, it works ...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have, for nearly a month, ignored the offer from MS Vista Update to install new sound drivers ... well, onboard AC97 has never fared well from MS in the past, usually resulting in going back to the old drivers and a lot of cussing.

As some of you are aware, I have also been suffering, in one game only, the dreaded "sound loop" crash, and despite MS's Vista claims that no program should bring Vista down to a BSOD (this is true, no BSOD yet), it is bloody annoying that one still has to use CAD to stop the game in task manager and "try" and restart where you left off ... most of the time, however, we are lucky in GW in that it will try and put you back to where you were just before the crash ... nice one GW, thanks. :nod: :thumb:

So, today I have taken the plunge, because yesterday seen me restarting me bloody Game three times ... and it is usually right in a critical moment of the game ... so I have installed the new drivers. :eek:

So far, all Vista's sounds are working as before, shock, the proof now is to ... play some GW and see if me "troubles" have been sorted. :D

Watch out for any obscene and referenced remarks to one's anatomy if I have to report back that this was not a success.

... see you all at the end of the day, I hope. :lol:

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Fingers crossed ;)

I'm quite impressed with Vista's driver updates so far - I just wish that when it prompts to download new graphics drivers that it tells you the driver version.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I know that it might not be relevant, but yesturday I found that I had a lot of Gliches with GW that I don't normally have. For me it was mostly with steering (mix ups of L & R or 180/360 turns when I tap for a small shift), or my Character running off randomly & not stopping, or going randomly in circles, or hiccups that put the character back a few feet so that it was repeatedly running over the same patch of ground.
As I said, these are not problems I usually have. Normally I get a little bit of Lagging with being so far from the servers, but nothing at all like this. Maybe GW was just having a bad day?

edit: I also am running GW on vista (home basic)

muckshifter

Reaction score
ah yes, L & R ... no! the other L & R ... Doh! :D

Well, no hicups today, though, it ain't everyday it happens. :thumb:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Yep, ran fine for me yesturday too :)
although I didn't get to much of a lookin with my boy playing it (he's made his own character now)
He's 9yo & he's not only better than me, he was better than me from the very first time he played & I'd been playing for days then :blush:
Mind you... Him PM'ing random letters & numbers to the head of the guild took a bit of living down :blush:
Lucky he's got such a good sense of humor :nod:

muckshifter

Reaction score
:D

You know the old saying ... if you need the video setting up, ask a child to do it. :nod:

Armin, the guild leader, is a very tolerant fellow, and understanding. :thumb:

I been working on building my own Guild Hall, though it only has the basic amenities it is functioning with me other self. Good fun to explore other aspects of the game.

Must get up early to arrange a time to play with you ciri ... :cool:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:cool: sounds good :nod:
& TC too, haven't seen her for days.
It's friday night here now though so I probably won't be on again until monday :(
I should be going to bed now... but I'm going to try & sneak in an hour first :rolleyes:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
:wall:
Now, my comp is not talking to GW at all :(
& just when I was about to sneak some deliciously illicit time with it as well ;)
bummer :(
Oh well :(
'dems the breaks I suppose :(
I'll try again later before I wake John up & at least see if it's up & running.

Ask a Question