//HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Volatile environment/ClientName

todd layton

Hi
We are modifing our application to make sure for Terminal
services. We need to identify the workstation the user
has used to connect to the terimal services server. We
thought we would use this
key: //HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Volatile environment/ClientName

But after doing some testing, we are not sure if that is
the right key. Does the key ONLY get populated if user
is using TS or Citrix?
thanks

Matthew Harris [MVP]

Why don't you check on environmental variables, like %
clientname%.

-M

Steven Liu [MSFT]

Hi Todd,

We can do it as the following steps.

1. Open the Terminal Services Management
2. Select the proper Terminal Server
3. Under the RDP-TCP properties, select the Permission
4. Remove the Everyone group
5. Add the users you want to enable the logon, you can set the detail
permission for each user for the logon permission.

The above steps can set the identify for users based on terminal server.

There has no way to set the computer identify.

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

MCSE 2000

This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.