History in address bar

I cant, for the life of me, remove several irrelevent addresses from the address bar..
I've cleared the history, files, autocomplete form and pass word, etc... When i disable autocomplete, all addresses disappear, when i reactivate, my favs reappear along with these irelevent ones. These few addresses can possibly be linked by the fact that they all seem to have been recorded on the same day... a few days ago. I've also looked in the registry... nothing to the effect

Don Varnau

You probably have corruption in the History folder or it's index.dat file.
Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm will delete the
History folder (and the index.dat file) and a new one will be created when
you restart.
Or the History folder can be deleted manually:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"jpagcan" wrote in message
I cant, for the life of me, remove several irrelevent addresses from the address bar...
I've cleared the history, files, autocomplete form and pass word, etc...
When i disable autocomplete, all addresses disappear, when i reactivate, my
favs reappear along with these irelevent ones. These few addresses can
possibly be linked by the fact that they all seem to have been recorded on
the same day... a few days ago. I've also looked in the registry... nothing
to the effect

Matt D.

I cant, for the life of me, remove several irrelevent
addresses from the address bar...
I've cleared the history, files, autocomplete form and
pass word, etc... When i disable autocomplete, all
addresses disappear, when i reactivate, my favs reappear
along with these irelevent ones. These few addresses can
possibly be linked by the fact that they all seem to have
been recorded on the same day... a few days ago. I've
also looked in the registry... nothing to the effect

I'm having the same problem. Any help would be terrific.
I'm sick of having these sites pop up as I type text in
the address bar.