History Folder

I regularly use my history folder to check out sites I previously visited.
For the past four days my history folder has stopped recording the sites I
visited. I have not changed any settings as far as I know. Can anyone tell me
where the problem might be. I use Windows 95.

Thank You

Don Varnau

Hi,
History problems can be caused by the ActiveX Control filters in McAfee
AntiVirus. If you disable the "Active X Controls" filter under the Internet
Filters in VirusScan the IE History should work properly.
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=3877&highlight=history+ie+xp
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819257

Or... Your History folder may be damaged.
Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm will delete the
History folder and a new one will be created when you restart.

Or the History folder can be deleted manually:
See: How To Delete the Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
MVP IE/OE

"saikiran" wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

Hi Don,

Thank You for the reply. I use Norton Antivirus and Don't have Mcafee.
The problem with using the history eraser and building a new history folder
is that I have a huge cache of websites going back more than a year and I
don't want to lose them. I would like to know what actually could have caused
this as it was working fine till a few days back.

Thank You

Don Varnau

Hi,
I think that the most likely solution is to delete the History folder. A
large History folder is going to be more susceptible to corruption.

One of these two freeware programs should allow you to export the history to
a useable format before deletion:
History Book for IE5:
http://www.dewassoc.com/support/useful/historybook_ie5.htm (In the Companion
Applications section- down low- right side of the page)
IEHistoryView v1.22: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iehv.html

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]