Hidden hard drive

After installing SP2 ,my computer crashed, I had to format, and reinstall XP
home.
I have a C drive,that the OS goes on with my other
programs,office,money,anti virus.it 10 gigs..I have a D drive 30 gigs that i
use for programs such as AOL. Netscape and to store music and school work.
And 2 CD burners.
After I reinstalled XP Home, it renamed my E burner to D.Now I can see the D
drive At boot, in device manger. but I can not access it. It will not let me
change it back to D or let me get to it. It looks to be hidden~~how do I un
hide it

msnews.microsoft.com

Tweakui can be used to unhide drives.
open run--gpedit.msc. Goto
User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows
Explorer and unhide the drives.

Jim Macklin

It can also be a matter of "ownership" of the drive because
the new install of the OS could limit access to the old
drive.

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421