Hibernation?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
What happened to Squirrel1 and all his replies?

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
I've noticed this too - when using the 'new posts' function a lot of threads say they have been replied to by squirrel1 but when you click on them there is no post by squirrel1.

Reaction score
Electronics & Photo Fan said:
I've noticed this too - when using the 'new posts' function a lot of threads say they have been replied to by squirrel1 but when you click on them there is no post by squirrel1.
Probably then not up to any good!
And got banned!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, feckit is correct :) He was posting helpful replies but advertising his own site in each post - not in the sig but actually part of each post. Zero tolerance for spammers :thumb:

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Oh, so he did get banned. I did wonder!

Just to let you know Ian, the 'Introductions' forum points to the last post being in a thread called 'Hello' created by squirrel1 that no longer exists.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Electronics & Photo Fan said:
Just to let you know Ian, the 'Introductions' forum points to the last post being in a thread called 'Hello' created by squirrel1 that no longer exists.

Thanks :) I got an e-mail off Nivrip about this yesterday, so I'm looking in to how I can fix it in future :thumb: Not sure if I can from the searching I've done so far, but I'll try anyway ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It must be a really cold winter. I see Amanda223 has now disappeared. ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
nivrip said:
It must be a really cold winter. I see Amanda223 has now disappeared. ;)
We Mods offer a reasonable amount of leeway and tolerance to first time posters, though spammers are too obvious and get an instant ban ... however, for others there comes a time where we feel, enough is enough. ;)

These posters are not instantly banned, merely put to sleep for a time, we will continue a watchful eye one them.

As we are a primarily British UK English website, some of our 'posters' come from lands afar ... their grasp of the English language may be as hard for us to understand and interpreted as it is for them to write. This unfortunately is interpreted as gobbledygook in most of their postings. :)

:user:

Ask a Question