Hi from South Africa

Reaction score
Hi,

I am situated in Pretoria, South Africa. I am admin for a number of forums. I have a few of years experience with computers, going back to Windows 95. All self taught.

I am willing to learn as much as possible and like to assist others with their desktop software problems.

Bill

Edit:

PS: May I ask for assistance with a problem with a program suddenly not functioning (has to do with SMTP errors in Outlook 2007 - if yes, in what forum? I am using Win XP.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Ian and Taffycat,

Thank you for the kind and warm welcome!

Ian, the problem I have is with a program (not a MS program) that I have been using for some years now on a their freebie basis, and since paying for it (to access more functions) it suddenly does not want to work. The program is MessageTag - an add-in for any email client. Do an Internet search for it and see why I use it instead of the built-in facility in Outlook.

Please guys, I am not trying to score cheap advertising here. I need to get this program up and running.

Regards,

Bill

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi itsme,

Thank you for the hand waving welcome!

Boy, is a good friend going to be delighted to hear I met someone in the UK who worked with Jags! He has a XJ12 (I think that''s the model) on stands at home and a XK8 he is using for everyday use.

Take care!

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi and welcome. :wave:

You a Kurt Vonnegut fan? Great writer. :thumb:

Reaction score
Billibo said:
Hi itsme,

Thank you for the hand waving welcome!

Boy, is a good friend going to be delighted to hear I met someone in the UK who worked with Jags! He has a XJ12 (I think that''s the model) on stands at home and a XK8 he is using for everyday use.

Take care!

A V12 Engine:bow: has he a petrol tanker on tow when he uses it:D

Reaction score
Hi itsme,

My friend is having problems with his Jag XK8. The drivers seat has moved forward and now the controls will not get move it back, and the Jag CD player wont play - it has CDs in it.

If you can help, is there a way I get your email address to him?

Regards,

Bill

Reaction score
Its under the seat the wires get chafed as they are to near the metal, so as the seat is put backwards it blows a fuse its a 15amp one, its in the fuse holder in the drivers side in the right hand bank, just one thing, to find it you might have to remove the fuses until you find the right one and by doing this you might see the A B S light come on, on the dash don’t worry just drive it over 7 mph and it will reset and go out, as its looking for a signal from the sensors on the wheel, hope this works for you as it happens a lot.
As for the CD player take it to a CD repairer as it could be anything from a jammed CD to a loose wire?

Sorry don`t give my email ask your mate to join the forum:nod:

Ask a Question