Hey guys what is BIOS? and 1 more guestion about PC

Reaction score
i will buy amd athlon 3800+ 939 socket 512 cache
is it as fast as a pentium 3.2ghz would be?
becuz ive heard from many many people that amd is cheaper, and even faster than intel's at same time
so....is 3800+ almost like intel 3,4 ghz? or what?

also ive seen many people discussing about something called 'BIO\s', what is it?
oh and ummm, is it possible to update my amd athlon 3800+ to a newer amd athlon 4000+, can it be done in the shop? i mean the clocking or how u call it, maybe they can make it like a 4000+?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
BIOS
Basic input/output system. Often referred to as CMOS, the BIOS provides an interface for a computer's hardware and software. The BIOS configuration determines how your hardware is accessed.

comparing AMD to intel is difficult because of the difference in the way they work, its probably as good as a 3.4Ghz

if you want a faster CPU, you can either overclock your current one or buy a faster one, any decent computer shop will beable to change the CPU for a faster one, i doubt any shop will overlock your CPU for you but you never know

Reaction score
AMD has always been hard to compare with Intel in actual clock speeds, but a site I looked at did a little graphic...

so as you can see, a 3800 is not as fast as a P4 3.2

I just wish they would stop messing around like that and "tell it as it is" as its hard enough selling computers these days :D

Attachments

• models.gif
    models.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 169

Ask a Question