help!!!

looneyhatter

can any1 out help me out plz.
my computer was running fine until last night:-(,but i just got a game
from a friend(half life 2),and tryed to load it on the pc.
it started to load the download page,but then a messae appeared
saying:-the windos installer service could not be assessed.
this can occur if you are running windows in safe mode,or if the
windows installer is not correctly installed.
contact your supprt personnel for assistance.
is there any1 out there who can help me fix this problem plz :).

Its sound like yours windows installer is corrupted.so download windows
installer 3.0 version and install.i think it will work fine

looneyhatter

Steve said:
It sounds like there has been an error with the installation, in that
case
click on the following link and run the Windows Installer Cleanup
Utility

http://tinyurl.com/42ul9

This program will delete any registry entries for the program and once
this
has been done you will need to manually delete any program folders that
the
game installed.

Let me know how you get on!

Steve

"looneyhatter" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

can any1 out help me out plz.
my computer was running fine until last night:-(,but i just got a
game
from a friend(half life 2),and tryed to load it on the pc.
it started to load the download page,but then a messae appeared
saying:-the windos installer service could not be assessed.
this can occur if you are running windows in safe mode,or if the
windows installer is not correctly installed.
contact your supprt personnel for assistance.
is there any1 out there who can help me fix this problem plz :).
hi ya ,thanks for replying to me,i did what you said ,it run the 1st
bit ,but then i try to run the second 1 ,the same message comes up.