Help with this formula

S

s7out

I need a cell to equal another cell but flip it's "-" value to a "+" and toshow it. In other words cell B2 = "-6.5". I need cell H2 to read "+6.5" (with the "+" visable. I normally would have this cell = '+6.5 however since this is a formula I don't know how to achieve the same result. Please advise. Thanks!

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Wed, 25 Jul 2012 06:26:55 -0700 (PDT) schrieb s7out:
I need a cell to equal another cell but flip it's "-" value to a "+" and to show it. In other words cell B2 = "-6.5". I need cell H2 to read "+6.5" (with the "+" visable. I normally would have this cell = '+6.5 however since this is a formula I don't know how to achieve the same result. Please advise. Thanks!

try in H2:
=ABS(B2)
and use custom numberformat "+"General"

Regards
Claus Busch

J

jsofillas

Hi,

Am Wed, 25 Jul 2012 06:26:55 -0700 (PDT) schrieb s7out:

> I need a cell to equal another cell but flip it's "-" value to a "+" and to show it. In other words cell B2 = "-6.5". I need cell H2 to read "+6.5" (with the "+" visable. I normally would have this cell = '+6.5 however since this is a formula I don't know how to achieve the same result. Please advise.Thanks!

try in H2:
=ABS(B2)
and use custom numberformat "+"General"

Regards
Claus Busch

I can't get the + to show. Under Custom in the number formatting options, what exactly do i type in the space to get this to work? Thanks.

Z

zvkmpw

I can't get the + to show. Under Custom in the number formatting options,
what exactly do i type in the space to get this to work?

I tried
+0.0;-0.0
for the custom formatting type and it seems to display what you want.

Notice that for zero it shows
+0.0
If you don't want the + to show in this case, try this instead
+0.0;-0.0;0.0

Ask a Question