Help Writing a SUM Formula

S

s7out

I need a formula to sum up ((C2+D2+E2)+(H2+I2+J2)+(M2+N2+O2)+ETC..... but then random cells in this formula would eventually get deleted down the roadcausing the formula to read #ref!. I tried carrying out this formula summing the ranges as I've shown but the cell eventually maxes out and I can't fit the entire formula in the cell. To make this even more challenging, there are numbers in cells B2, G2, L2, ETC.... that shouldn't be reflected in this sum. Thoughts?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D

Don Guillett

I need a formula to sum up ((C2+D2+E2)+(H2+I2+J2)+(M2+N2+O2)+ETC..... butthen random cells in this formula would eventually get deleted down the road causing the formula to read #ref!. I tried carrying out this formula summing the ranges as I've shown but the cell eventually maxes out and I can't fit the entire formula in the cell. To make this even more challenging, there are numbers in cells B2, G2, L2, ETC.... that shouldn't be reflected in this sum. Thoughts?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you would need to develop an elaborate sumproduct formula or a userdefined function macro. Send a file direct to me if desired.

J

jsofillas

... but then random cells in this formula would eventually get deleted down the road causing the formula to read #ref!. I tried carrying out this formula summing the ranges as I've shown but the cell eventually maxes out and I can't fit the entire formula in the cell. To make this evenmore challenging, there are numbers in cells B2, G2, L2, ETC.... that shouldn't be reflected in this sum. Thoughts?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you would need to develop an elaborate sumproduct formula or a user defined function macro. Send a file direct to me if desired.

Sure. How do I send you the file?

J

jsofillas

... but then random cells in this formula would eventually get deleted down the road causing the formula to read #ref!. I tried carrying out this formula summing the ranges as I've shown but the cell eventually maxes out and I can't fit the entire formula in the cell. To make this evenmore challenging, there are numbers in cells B2, G2, L2, ETC.... that shouldn't be reflected in this sum. Thoughts?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you would need to develop an elaborate sumproduct formula or a user defined function macro. Send a file direct to me if desired.

Sure. How do I send you the file?

D

Don Guillett

I need a formula to sum up ((C2+D2+E2)+(H2+I2+J2)+(M2+N2+O2)+ETC..... butthen random cells in this formula would eventually get deleted down the road causing the formula to read #ref!. I tried carrying out this formula summing the ranges as I've shown but the cell eventually maxes out and I can't fit the entire formula in the cell. To make this even more challenging, there are numbers in cells B2, G2, L2, ETC.... that shouldn't be reflected in this sum. Thoughts?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dguillett @gmail.com

D

Don Guillett

use

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$FN$1<>"adjustment"),A2:FN2)

Ask a Question