Help With Shortcut On Desktop

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hello :)

In my enthusiasm to get my lappy back up and running as quickly as possible, I mistakenly copied a full web page rather than a shortcut to my desktop. I am running on XP Professional. I now cannot remove the item. This is really simple I am sure but can anyone tell me how to do it please??

Lovce

Gabs xx

Reaction score
Right Click on the said shortcut/Icon and uncheck "Read only" if it is checked then see if you can delete it then.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hello Madxgraphics

Unfortunately, I don't get anything that says 'read only' when I right click. Can you think of anything else?

I do appreciate your reply.

I had a major computer infection with the lappy and have only got it back tonight and in my haste to get the various shortcuts set up again I inadvertently copied the whole web page to the desktop. Arrrrrr :)

Love

Gabs xx

Reaction score
Not quite sure how you copied an entire website to your desktop..But try this..Start > Control Panel > Display > desktop > Customise Desktop > Web You'll see a little box called Web Pages...Check the link to the page you copied if it is there and check to see if the lock desktop check box is unchecked..Click ok > Apply > Ok ..Now back to yer desktop and try delete it then..

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
You are a star :)

You're not the only one who is wondering how I copied an entire webpage!!!! Too much haste and not enough engaging the brain I suspect is the reason.

Thank you so very very much, your kind advice has sorted the problem out nicely.

Love

Gabs xx

PS Mods, this thread can be closed as the problem has been resolved courtesy of Madxgraphics

Reaction score
gabriella said:
You are a star :)

You're not the only one who is wondering how I copied an entire webpage!!!! Too much haste and not enough engaging the brain I suspect is the reason.

Thank you so very very much, your kind advice has sorted the problem out nicely.

Love

Gabs xx

PS Mods, this thread can be closed as the problem has been resolved courtesy of Madxgraphics

No worries Gabs

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
You are too modest my friend :)

I was panicking big style as I have only just got this laptop back and I am working away for the next two days and wanted to get it all sorted out with my software, shortcuts etc......

Again, many thanks

Love

Gabs xx

Reaction score
gabriella said:
You are too modest my friend :)

I was panicking big style as I have only just got this laptop back and I am working away for the next two days and wanted to get it all sorted out with my software, shortcuts etc......

Again, many thanks

Love

Gabs xx

Not modesty Gabs, I love helping people and ts not a problem..

Ask a Question