Quick query about Norton 2005

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi all

Just a quick query.......

Just bought a new lappy - lovely jubbly with wireless connection and have managed the set up with the PC myself via a wirelss ADSL router. Really pleased with my achievements given 12 months ago I knew less than nothing!!!

Anyway, this lappy comes with Norton 2005 installed (IBM Think Pad R52 series). I have worked with Norton 2004 for some time now and I know that version well. I am looking for the 'spam' settings so that I can train it and also user accounts/parental control to set for various people and cannot find either.

Is there a Norton 2005 user who can offer me any advice as to where these features are hidden???

Love

Gabs x

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
is it not setup through outlook ?

edit : had a play with 2003 and if you open up NIS you should have all of the features listed at the bottom, if you highlight the antispam feature on the right there should be a configure button

Last edited:
Reaction score
I always use Norton but I rely on XP and my individual email software to block spam...not sure it's in norton anywhere.

(BTW...nice notebook...how u finding it?)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi there guys

I have had a fiddle and there is definately no antispam stuff on there - I think that as the Norton is a free 90 day trial it may be a cut down version of the full thing. It is certainly nowhere near the same as Norton 2004 which I have on the main PC.

I am finding it great but I need to do some fine tweaking on the wireless settings as apparantly my wireless connection is open for all to see at the moment!!!! There may even be my neighbours who can see what I am up to!!!!!!

Love

Gabs x

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
gabriella said:
There may even be my neighbours who can see what I am up to!!!!!!

Love

Gabs x

Very true Gabs - last thing you want is the neighbours peeping through the curtains!:D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Adywebb

I am sorted and have some sort of mega encyption on this machine now. Lace curtain peakers beware!!!!!!!!

Now on with trying to network the printer!!!!

Gabs xx

Ask a Question