Help with RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 install

Reaction score
Hi, i need help with RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 installation. When i try to install it, the install shield give me an error msg. Does anyone know what's happening? How do i fix this error?

The error msg is:
Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070001
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1281)
pAPP:RollerCoaster Tycoon?3
PVENDOR:Atari
PGUID:907B4640-266B-4A21-92FB-CD1A86CD0F63
$7.1.100.1248
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 6.0.2900.2180

I've tried to install it on my notebook and my desktop and both received similar error msg. I tried installing it after restarting, in safe mode, useing different CD/DVD-ROM and even tried renameing the InstallShield folder in C:program Files/Common Files/. All of these but no result. Anyone help me plz? Thank You.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It is an install error code ... my best guess is a faulty CD.

Try copying the whole CD to a temp directory ... if it fails to copy, case closed, get a new CD. If it does copy, it still may not install because of the nature of game CDs not liking you to do such a thing.

Good luck. ;)

Reaction score
I had a very simular Error code -5009 during installation, I however was able to trake this down and coorect the issue, apparently there is an issue with the install shield, I reinstallded my install shield and that fixed the problem right as rain. here is a link to the install shield web site with diections on how to reinstall install shield

Install Shield Installation

RCT3 Platinum uses install shield version 11, the Non-msi version. (however I reinstalled both versions while I was at it)

I truly hope this helps, good luck, and happy building.

Reaction score
I also have had a problem installing RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. The game originally installed fine on my computer. However I uninstalled it to free up space on the hard drive. After creating space by uninstalling other programs I decided to reinstall the game. However, now when I try to install an error message appears saying 'RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is not installed. Please insert the game disk and run setup.' This happens every time I click install in setup.

Any ideas? Help me please!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Go to C Drive/Program Files/Atari and in there delete 'Roller Coaster Tycoon 3'

Now try and install the game.

Reaction score
Atari is not in the program files. The game is not installed on the system at all. I think there is a problem with the disk as after looking at it, it did appear to be a bit scratched up. I've bought the gold version anyway to replace the scratched one.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Dannyo said:
Atari is not in the program files. The game is not installed on the system at all. I think there is a problem with the disk as after looking at it, it did appear to be a bit scratched up. I've bought the gold version anyway to replace the scratched one.

Glad you're up and playing it again. The deluxe version (original game plus two expansion packs) can be had for a tenner or less now, well worth it.

Reaction score
I bought gold though because I already have the Wild expansion and the gold version comes with soaked so now I have all of them anyway.

Reaction score
I also located a post that corrected this issue as I have had it with a few games now under Windows Vista, Simply locate your install sheild folder and rename it to install shield_old then simply run the install or setup for your game again and a fresh copy of install shield will be installed and used. Plus if it doesn't work you can simply rename the folder again.

Ask a Question