Help with an old board-please for a friend

neopolaris

I gave a guy a P5A and a 400 K6-III. Everything works alright except for
this, can anyone help this kid? Here's what he wrote.

"I got a geforce 4 MX 420 64mb in it and 320mb of pc100 SD ram running at
7ns. I cant play any games though. The agp texturization thing says its
disabled in dxdiag. And if I run CS in opengl it says resolution not
supported by vid card. This is supposed to be like a comp for people who
cannot bring their comps to lans n stuff. So I need to figure this one out
heh. Ive searched through the bios many times lookin for answers but im
lost. Any ideas?"

neopolaris

BoB

Put an old tnt2 32 meg card in, get the nvidia drivers and upgrade directx.
Our 400 K-6III's were oc'd to 450 and still had a hard time with
Wxp. Agp drivers?????

R_Supp

BoB said:
Put an old tnt2 32 meg card in, get the nvidia drivers and upgrade directx.
Our 400 K-6III's were oc'd to 450 and still had a hard time with
Wxp. Agp drivers?????

"neopolaris" <.> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I would be inclined to scrub XPee and run Win 98SE on a machine such as
this.

BoB

R_Supp said:
Now that I have been reading Blackviper's pages about services,
I would have to disagree!!!!!!!!!! 98 really was a POS!
It was better than W/ME!

neopolaris

BoB said:
Now that I have been reading Blackviper's pages about services,
I would have to disagree!!!!!!!!!! 98 really was a POS!
It was better than W/ME!

I will ask him what OS he's using.