Help! Windows XP Professional very slow recently

G

Hello

Thanks for all the valuable advice & support that you guys are providing. My problem is the computer is very very slow recently. IT takes ages to open a folder or file. When I swtich between applications open, it gives me the message "Not Responding" and starts workign after some time

I have purchased an Acer machine with Windows Home edition installed. Later I upgraded to Windows XP Pro. McAfee Virus Scan & Firewall is installed. IIS & Frontpage components installed. Also Visualt Studio for development. The machine was workign fine for the last 2-3 months. The problem started only last week. I couldn't remember exactly how it happened. One fine mornign, when I started my system it became very slow. Every action on the computer is taking time. Mainly in accessing files from my own hard disk or through the network.

Can anybody provide some details to fix this problem. There are many data lying in my computer. So I can't consider reformatting my system.

Many thanks in advanc
Rgd
Sheni

A

Alias

There are many data lying in my computer. >
Many thanks in advance
Rgds
Sheni <<<

If I were you, I would back up this data or you may never see it again.
After you back it up, run AdAware and Spybot to see if you have any critters
on your machine. After that, do a check disk and defrag in Safe Mode and see
if it doesn't run faster.

Alias

Ask a Question