Help restricting printing to PCs not Users

T

Tytus WIKLENDT

Dear All,

Please help me find solution on how to enable printing for any user but restricted to selected workstations in my LAB.

More info:
* all LAB workstations are NT-type and in MyDOMAIN (server 2003)
* PrintServer in the LAB: XPpro with shared MyPrinter listed in MyDOMAIN
* any user (with local, MyDOMAIN or OtherDOMAIN account) can logon to any LAB workstation.
* MyPrinter installed on all workstations in the LAB by administrator.
* Anyone currently logged on to any of the LAB workstations should be able to print to MyPrinter, even without having local account on PrintServer.
* excluding administrators, no user should be able to print to MyPrinter when using workstations other than the LAB workstations, even with MyPrinter installed on other workstations.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Tytus.

C

Corné Bogaarts

I'm not sure, but you could try to put the computer-accounts in a
group, and give that group permissions to print.

Dear All,

Please help me find solution on how to enable printing for any user but restricted to selected workstations in my LAB.

More info:
* all LAB workstations are NT-type and in MyDOMAIN (server 2003)
* PrintServer in the LAB: XPpro with shared MyPrinter listed in MyDOMAIN
* any user (with local, MyDOMAIN or OtherDOMAIN account) can logon to any LAB workstation.
* MyPrinter installed on all workstations in the LAB by administrator.
* Anyone currently logged on to any of the LAB workstations should be able to print to MyPrinter, even without having local account on PrintServer.
* excluding administrators, no user should be able to print to MyPrinter when using workstations other than the LAB workstations, even with MyPrinter installed on other workstations.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Tytus.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Tytus Wiklendt mailto:[email protected]
Physics Building http://science-fs1.newcastle.edu.au/~tytus/
Newcastle Uni 2308 Tel:+61(2)49215431 Fax:+61(2)49216907
-----------------------------------------------------------

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Most answers can be found in the Schedule+ FAQ: http://www.xs4all.nl/~bogaarts/schdmenu.htm.
Please reply to the newsgroup. For reasons of Spam, I won't be including my E-mail address anymore.

Ask a Question