Help please- Dawn of War- Not working

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm having a problem installing a pc game, Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War, if any of you have heard of it. I bought the Platinum version (so I could install all three games together). The third Dawn of War: Dark Crusade installed fine, but the first two won't install. I keep getting a message saying-

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel."

Can anyone tell me what that means? I've looked online from other people who had the same problem, but the only replies were for things like video cameras or internet msn. How am I suppose to fix it for a video game?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11497222#post11497222

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
if off, uninstall Dark Crusade. restart computer.
Then Install Dawn of War, Winter Assault and finally Dark Crusade. (in that order)
Find the latest patch for Dark Crusade (this is the one you'll be playing for the most part) it think its Patch 1.2
I've been playing DoW for 3 years now, so i belive this should work :)
Enjoy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Alf. I tried doing that though, and it still didn't work. The same message popped up when I tried installing the first DoW and Winter Assault. For the platinum version, you have to install the first two together, and then Dark Crusade is seperate, I don't know why. But only Dark Crusade will install, not the first two.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
hmm...
I have recieved that same message, just not with DoW. As of yet i dont know how to fix it. Try posting in the 'Windows' section of the Forums asking ' how to create a association folder'.

Ask a Question