help me!

G

im not sure if this is in the right topic, but heres my problem..

when i turn on my computer i get a message saying

Microsoft visual c + + Runtime Librar
x runtime error
program:c:\programmefiles\commonfiles\symantecshared\ccEvtMgr.ex

R6025 - pure vital function cal

i log onto the internet and then when i turn off the computer i get a message saying

Microsoft visual c + + Runtime Librar
x runtime error
programme : c : \WINDOWS\winlogon.ex

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.

M

Mitch

I would goto start>run.. type in sfc /scannow

After that has run i would take off
c:\programmefiles\commonfiles\symantecshared\ccEvtMgr.exe
from your system startup.

Hope I helped,
~ Mitch

G

Hi

I just sent you an email but not sure you will get it so am sending this one. I get the same error message as you are getting. It comes up when I log onto my computer then after awhile it closes everything I have open! It just started and I don't have a clue how to fix it

Have you figured it out yet? Please let me know. I have spam block on my email so if you reply please use your name "Mitch" so I know it's you and I will unlock your email. You can mail to (e-mail address removed).

Thanks much

Debbie

G

THANK YOU Mitch! Are you sure I won't hurt anything by doing that? I trade online and would go nuts if I did something to really mess up my computer! I will wait for your reply before i do it. I'm a wimp I guess!

G

Mitch I was told by a computer company that to remove that file effects your Norton Virus and they said not to remove it.

G

Well, I've been two through days of pure agony with this problem. End result was that I had to remove Norton 2003 completely. Then put my old Norton 2002 on and that crashed my computer! I can't tell you how upset I was. Everytime I tried to reboot and remove 2002 it crashed

I called CompUSA and a very kind tech guy helped me through it all. He had never heard of problems with Norton and I explained that I have live charts on my computer and that is where the problem seems to be. I had to reload XP and let it repair everything. Then rebooted and Norton 2002 sent another error message. I finally tried to uninstall it again and it worked! At this point I do not want to try to reload either Norton and take the chance it will crash my computer again.

It's been a nighmare! When it first came back up after crashing, all my icons were on my desk top but I couldn't open them. It kept shuting down and would take 45 min. to come up again. NOTHING WORKED until CompUSA helped me and he wasn't sure reloading XP would even help

Wish I had a simple fix but I don't. Seems once this error starts it just keeps corrupting your computer and you have to get rid of it. As I said even loading Norton 2002 didn't help. 2002 has a program called GoBack that you load after you load Norton Works. The GoBack was what really finished it....everything went down

If anyone has found another solution please post it

Debbi

Everything is working fine now.

Ask a Question