!!!! Help me! I need to extract photos from a slide show!!!!

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen,

Your help if you please, I wish to extract photos from a slide show. I believe the slide show originated from proshow but im not sure.

The file is a .exe and is about 60k. I know that the pics are in there but i dont know how to extract them. I am sure there is some wizardry that will unpick them for me..........how and where do I get it??

I am open to suggestions, even better if they are for free!

I leave it in you capable hands!

Yours expectingly

x

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
im not sure if you'll be able to extract them, have you tried using screen grabs?

Reaction score
tight as a ducks bum

Tried a screen grab.....comes up with "the author of the presentation does not allow the copying of any graphical information" - well they can bite my bum.......

what do you think dudes?

x

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, that's an executable file, therefore a program. And it seems it's a program that don't allow capture.

I use an old program called grabbit to capture screen displays, but it's not around any longer.

I do believe a program named Irfanview can do much the same thing.

Do a Google for Irfanview, download it (it's free) and try it. You have nothing to lose by trying it and many people have said good things about this freebie prog.

Reaction score
hiya Flops,

i see you are approaching your 3,000th post

well many congratulations from me!
i know u dont like talking abt it!
but its a great great feat!
:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
hiya Flops,

i see you are approaching your 3,000th post

well many congratulations from me!
i know u dont like talking abt it!
but its a great great feat!
:)

Thank you Squire, but I been here 3.3 years so it ain't that many really ;)

Perhaps I should use a few of those short replies, like 'lol' 'I agree' 'right on' 'I disagree' etc. ad nauseum :D

Then it would be like 6000 post ;)

Now then, where were we? Oh yep, picture capture......

Reaction score
Use a peice of sotware called "resource hacker" it will extract images from executables and is primarily used for extracting windows boot screens from windows

Reaction score
Got the software....wot next!

Cheers for the advice, I downloaded it from those lovely people at download .com and have opened it in the program......and there my progress stops!

What do I do now, it just comes up with a file list and gives me no access to the pictures i want to take out of the slide show!?

Any advice comrades?

x

Reaction score
if you have more than one computer then install http://www.realvnc.com/ and screen grab the slide show from the other computer ;)

but I suspect the author didn't intend you to have the images w/o the slide show,. otherwise you'd just ask them for the originals ? ;)

Sil

Reaction score
I found this topic on Google and I'm reviving it in the hopes there have been new developments since last year.

Irfanview and Resource Hacker don't work for me. I downloaded RealVNC but I don't know how to use it.

Are there any other suggestions to try? The slideshow I have is an executable file.

Given that:
  1. The photos in question are of certain crucial moments of my own wedding;
  2. The photographer in question did not have permission to take those photos;
  3. In taking those photos, he obstructed the photographer I engaged and paid good money for from doing his job; and
  4. The only way I have now to view the photos is to sit through the entire slideshow (which does not have a fast-forward function) and listen to the cheesy soundtrack,
I really don't care whether he intended me to have the photos loose or not.

Reaction score
I would suggest you contact the maker of the slideshow and ask for copies of the images,,. even if you can screenshot the images from the slideshow I doubt they will be great quality compared to the copies the photog has?

Sil

Reaction score
Try MultiExtractor,

i extracted photos from packed slideshow using "force unpack option" (extract mode). MultiExtractor have got also packer detection (check in options).

If slideshow is not packed there is more chance that they will be extracted.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://camstudio.org/

You could try the above and then try to get a screenshot from it. You may have to convert the output file to another type to get a screen shot. Worth a go and it is free.

user.gif

Ask a Question