Help. I lost the language bar

J

Jimmy

Hello
I have lost the language bar from the taskbar.
I tried to fix it by going to:
control panel/Regional and language options/Languages/Text services and
input languages/Details/Preferences/Languages Bar/
but I am not allowed to click on that button, since I was told that there is
a selection over there "Show the language bar on the desktop".
I think that the language bar dissapeared after some windows update but I
don't know when.
Can someone help me get the language bar on the taskbar again?
Thanks
Jimmy

R

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi Jimmy,

Right-click the taskbar, click toolbars/language bar.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP

Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

T

Tom

Not as simple as that Rick! SP2 has made changes to that without a choice being given. I don't use it, so it is no problem. I am still peeved that SP2 broke certain (and a large part) aspects of Word that I use regularly. MS support cannot figure out what to do, and they have been slow to fix. The only way I can use it, is to use my dual boot (the one M. Brannigan states where I am breaking the EULA) of XPPro under SP1 (or uninstall SP2).

Anyway, I have Language Bar as you describe, but it will not open it when I try to check it. It has to be re-enabled again. But even then, it is no different than what preferences can be made generally in Regional and Language Options. I am not sure, but I wonder if removing AUI (Alternative User Input) from Word has anything to do with using a more detailed effect of the language bar, I can't remember, but I don't want to re-enable all that just to find out, since I have no use for the LB.

Ask a Question