Help...Forgot my Password

Bubey

Is there anyway I can find my password on a
spreadsheet
I developed for the family finances. I'm getting
old and I
can't remember it. I've tried several that I
usually use
with no luck. No, I'm not trying to get into
someone else's
file, just don't want to have to rebuild it again.
Thought maybe
it might be hidden in the registry, etc ?
Thanks in advance for the help !

Bill Ridgeway

If you google for "password cracker" you'll find a number of software that
will do just that. It does demonstrate the futility of password protecting
Excel and Word files.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

Bubey

Thanks for the info. I'll keep stored just in
case I need it.
I went back to my 2002 files and found the master
spreadsheet
which luckily wasn't password protected.
Hopefully once my
senior moment is over the password will come back
to me and
I can open those files and re-do the passwords to
the one I'm
using now.

As you say, it is a futility. I was trying to
help a friend do updates on
her HP laptop with windows XP. Unfortunately she
didn't have the
key as she got the laptop as partial payment of
unpaid rent from one
of her tenants and they didn't give her the info,
so couldn't do the
update. I posted and got referred to a file call
Key Finder. I downloaded
it and tried it on my laptop just to see if it
worked. It came back with
a different keycode than the one that is on the
sticker on the bottom
of my Dell laptop. So assume this program is a
waste. Do you happen
to know of any others than are more reliable ?
Guess she could go
without the updates and just order the disc's when
the sp's come out.
Thanks

in message
If you google for "password cracker" you'll find a
number of software that
will do just that. It does demonstrate the
futility of password protecting
Excel and Word files.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

message
news:[email protected]...

It seems that we've switched topics here? Excel password problem has been
dealt with and now we're into something to do with Windows or Office?

To get your key for Windows install, try the Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder -
it comes highly recommended and lots of folks have used it successfully:

another potential option is an older program called AIDA32, which is also
free and will do a complete audit of your system. Since it's now
unsupported, you may not find out everything about a newer machine, but it
should still find software keys on the system. You can download a copy from
Major Geeks:

Bubey

Thanks for your referral. That's the one I used,
your referral. It came up with a key code but
it wasn't the same as was on the bottom of my
laptop ??? No new problem just my statement about
my experience with the Key Code Finders. I don't
think they work very well.

"JLatham" <HelpFrom @
Jlathamsite.com.(removethis)> wrote in message
It seems that we've switched topics here? Excel
password problem has been
dealt with and now we're into something to do with
Windows or Office?

To get your key for Windows install, try the
Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder -
it comes highly recommended and lots of folks have
used it successfully:

another potential option is an older program
called AIDA32, which is also
free and will do a complete audit of your system.
Since it's now
unsupported, you may not find out everything about
a newer machine, but it
should still find software keys on the system.
You can download a copy from
Major Geeks:

George Gee

Crossed wire here?