Help! Email Default in IE6 wont stay on Outlook; keeps reverting back to OE

Teresa Arendt

Help!
If I change my email defaul in Internet Explorer 6 by going into Tools,
Internet Options, Programs, Email default and changing the default program
from Outlook Express to Outlook and apply the changes, the next time a start
my computer or go into a new IE window and reverts back to OE as the default
email program. Does anyone know why this happens?
Thank you,
Teresa

Teresa Arendt

Yes, that box is checked and everytime I reboot my computer the option in IE
reverts back to Outlook Express as the default. I can't figure out why this
is happening.

LuckyStrike

Gee, I dunno' either....
It is also assumed that in Outlook Express> Tools menu>Options>General tab
is not set to make Outlook Express the default mail handler. Although I
would tend to think that enabling Outlook as the default e-mail client would
disable OE from being selected as such.

Probably a better idea to ask here:
or:

Also, it's not a good idea to post a real e-mail address in public
Newsgroups, Forums, etc. unless you want lots of spam or worse.
Munging Your Email Address
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

--
LuckyStrike
(e-mail address removed)

PA Bear

Are you using a separate instance of OE to access newsgroups, Teresa,
instead of using the Outlook Newsreader (OL View>Go to>News)?

Windows version? OL version?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

WinXP SP2: What's New for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/ieoeoverview.mspx

What You Should Know About Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/devioussoftware.mspx

"There is no 'silver bullet' solution."