HELP!!! Disc Read Error Occurred~!@!!

Reaction score
I encountered this problem yesterday and i am using my friend's computer now.
when i tried to reboot my computer, the following message appears and i am not able to boot to my WIN XP

Disc Read Error Occurred
press ctrl+alt+del to restart

my hard drive was a new one [western Digital] and it was running well for the past 2 months.....

I am using SATA connection, and since it was running really well before, i think that there is no connection problems.
i went in to BIOS , and the hard drive is detectable. No flopy disc in my drive, and I already tried many different boot orders.... nothing seems working...my hard drive just can't boot and the HD light is not on when starting up.

what had happened? I attempted to reinstall the XP, but unfortunatelly, the computer just freezed after the screen displayed
[set up is now checking the configuration of your computer] .. something similar to that, cant remember the exactly phrase.

it happened again and again, and i am not able to reinstall and i can not run Recovery Console either...
i can not even reach the blue screen of Windows Setup... what a mess...

can somebody plz plz plz help me? it is driving me crazy....

Ask a Question