Help constructing simple spreadsheet

J

Jeff Mason

Hi,

I am a total Excel newbie and incompetent. I'd like to ask for some help
constructing a spreadsheet which consists of a graph and a couple formulas to display
some rough analysis of the data.

I've already managed to construct this spreadsheet and it more or less works, but I'm
sure there is a better way to do it, as the way I've done it takes manual effort to
update some cell formulas every time I add new data to the spreadsheet.

The data I'm attempting to analyze consists of a number whose value changes every few
days. Thus, I have two columns: one contains the date and the second contains the
value on that date. Every few days I add a new row, consisting of the date and the
value on that date.

I've constructed a line graph of this data, but every time I add a new value, I have
to go in and change the graph's source data range, updating it so it refers to the
last row which I just entered.

There are also a couple of simple formulas elsewhere on the sheet as well, and I have
to update these to point to the new cell value I just added.

Is there any way to do this so the graph and the formulas automatically recognize the
new row I just added and reflect this recent change? There are no row gaps in the
data, and both the graph and the various formulas need to refer to the last date and
value just entered.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any help offered.

- Jeff

-- Jeff

Ask a Question