Heat Pipe Technology

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hmmm . Interesting , so its like a posh version of the cooling system on a car then . :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Hmmm . Interesting , so its like a posh version of the cooling system on a car then . :D
err, nope ... a car rad is driven with a pump, that equates to a water cooling system on a PC.

What I am trying to point out, is, there are heat pipes and there are heat pipes ... what are you getting, do they tell you?

Read the articles, the "technology" is good, but what are you getting ?

:user:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I think heat pipes work somewhat.... They get mighty hot on my CPU cooler, They must be doing something good right? :D

Reaction score
Even if they don't work, preferable to a chipset fan. *bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* :p

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
err, nope ... a car rad is driven with a pump, that equates to a water cooling system on a PC.

What I am trying to point out, is, there are heat pipes and there are heat pipes ... what are you getting, do they tell you?

Read the articles, the "technology" is good, but what are you getting ?

:user:

Yer right about the car cooling , what was I thinking of , yet another goof :D Thinking of the Scythe Ninja . Heres a review about it .

http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=2965&p=1

Bearing in mind that I'm only going to use a Athalon 64 3400 with it it should provide near silent cooling .

nod.gif

Ask a Question