Headset troubles... Quite extraordinary :S

Reaction score
Hey!

This is odd, i bought this headset (microsoft LX-3000) from play.com and i LOVED it... the quality was brilliant, and despite peoples opinions, i think that the headset had good audio quality.... Untill..

One day, i opened the game "Grand theft auto IV" and ever since then, the quality on the microphone plummeted.. crackling through unapparent distortion, and the microphone quality is the same!

So i did a system restore, back to a day ago (before i played the game... but whilst i had the software installed)

Lo and behold, it worked again... but this only half fixed my problem, as now whenever i open that game, the same happens, and despite re-installing, and replugging, i can't seem to get rid of this distortion.

To narrow the problem down more, i will say that i have tried this microphone after i had the problem on my friends laptop, on which it worked perfectly!

A mystery i will greatly appretiate being solved :(

I would have asked this question to a different type of support (headset support i dunno haha)

But this seems to be quite software based? So i dunno, drivers or something?

Bah, Thanks in advance :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
When i play GTA i have to disconnect from TS or vent for it too work, last time i looked it was a problem for meny on the GTA forums...

Not played the game for ages tho so not sure now....

Reaction score
I had recent problems using headphones whilst watching a movie and after i was done the sound had somehow adjusted itself....do you have a Realtek HD sound cos thats where my probs were.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Hey thanks for replying.

Hmm, it just seems that when i played GTA it... i dunno... Broke my headset.

I just did my third system restore, and it hasn't reversed it this time, this is my sound card: Soundmax HD audio

If that isn't the card tell me, that's just the **** i got with my mobo :)

Reaction score
Did try adjusting the sound in your control panel....maybe GTA turns stuff on when you play it...thats what happened to my sound set up and then i had to disable the mic.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
hmm nah it's not that stuff... i think it's more... technical than a simple miscalculation on the volume controls.

I'm currently using a headset the is plugged into the GREEN and PURPLE slots, this one works fine

The headset in question that is not working on my pc... Is a USB headset...

Could this be anything to do with it?

Do i have a dodgy driver or something? :S

Help :(

Ask a Question