he network or computer you are trying to reach is experiencing a problem. Please

W

will

hi, i keep trying to have a voice conversation with
someone who lives in canada, i myself like in england.
but everytime we try, no matter if we change accounts we
always get this message:

the network or computer you are trying to reach is
experiencing a problem. Please try again later.

this keeps happening to us and we have no idea y. pls
help.

will

J

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Greetings Will,

A few things could be causing this. Firstly, both you and your contact may just need to go
through the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard again. To do so, open up the main Messenger window,
click the Tools menu, then Audio/Video Tuning Wizard.

Secondly, if either of you are behind a third-party firewall (Norton Firewall, Sygate, Mcafee
Firewall, ZoneAlarm, etc.) make sure that Messenger is set to 'Permit All', 'Allow All', or
that the firewall is set to 'Medium' (especially for ZoneAlarm).

Thirdly, if either you or your contact are using a router, the router must support either
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) for audio to consistently work properly. A number of routers
now support UPnP, but they may need a firmware update. Check your router manufacturers
website to see if there's an update for UPnP, or simply reply back here with the brand and
model of the router and we can quickly check to see if UPnP is available.

Fourthly, if you're able to connect, just not hear each other, you might try turning off the
QoS Packet Scheduler. To do so, click Start, then click the Control Panel. If you're in
category view click Network and Internet connections then click Network Connections. Right
click your network/internet connection, then click Properties. Uncheck the QoS Packet
Scheduler, then reboot and try again..
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com

Ask a Question