Hasbro, Learning Company, Disney games for kids

Joyce571

Apparently Windows XP was configured to not allow games
from various vendors including those above from loading or
playing. I also heard that Microsoft has a patch to fix
this problem. Any one having the same problems or know of
the location of the patch. Scooby Doo. Candyland, Disney
Classic Print Studio and others will not load in Windows
XP even when I try the program compatability trouble
shooting area. Any input appreciated!

Jimmy S.

Hi Joyce,

First, visit the respect vendor's websites for any available patches.
Also go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical
and Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Afterwards, try installing the programs with the account that you
want to play them with, making sure to make it an administrators
account just to install the game and to play it once.

If you still have problems, try compatibility mode again as the
updates from the vendor and Windows may increase it's compatibility.

To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:

To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).

1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
2.. Click on Properties.
3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
a.. Windows 95
b.. Windows 98
c.. Windows NT 4
d.. Windows 2000
5.. Under Display settings, check mark the mode that you think that is best:
a.. Run in 256 colors.
b.. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution.
c.. Disable visual themes.

Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.

For more details please review the source at:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292533

Watch this Application Compatibility Troubleshooter (Power Point
Presentation):
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc112202/WC112202.ppt

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| Apparently Windows XP was configured to not allow games
| from various vendors including those above from loading or
| playing. I also heard that Microsoft has a patch to fix
| this problem. Any one having the same problems or know of
| the location of the patch. Scooby Doo. Candyland, Disney
| Classic Print Studio and others will not load in Windows
| XP even when I try the program compatability trouble
| shooting area. Any input appreciated!

Jimmy S.

Glad to be of service! :)