hardware gets disconnected

Reaction score
Hi,I am facing serious issues with the cameras connected to the firewire interface as they get disconnected after every 10-20 mins without any error or warning.
system specifications
OS Name Microsoft -Windows XP Professional
Version -5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Type- X86-based PC
Processor -x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3059 Mhz
Processor -x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3059 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date -Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 4/3/2006

camera specs
point grey firefly FFMV-O3MTM

interface--firewire

After such an event of disconnection the device is not listed in devicemanger and it has to be replugged or the system has to be restarted to redetect it.
I tried the 'scan for hardware changes' and similar options is device manager--no luck.

Is there any patch file or other method which will detect the camera without reconnecting the device or rebooting..
pls reply
Rahul

Reaction score
Check your power options for the device. Newer boards have a function which allows ports to be switched off after so long to preserve power

If your camera etc goes into standby the port is no longer used so will in most circumstances turn off. The only way to prevent this is to turn the option off. The stanby current usage of a firewire port in your instance is minute so leaving it on for however long won't make a difference to you i'm sure in electricity usage unless you have a whole batch of them running. Power settings in windows have never done me any good tbh and Hibernate and standby are probably two of the most biggest headache givers in any OS

Try reading your motherboard options and looking in BIOS and operating system setting for that particular section.

Welcome to the forum. Go say hello in appropriate section ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question