Hardware encoded tv-card with WMM

Jean-Pierre Fastré

Hi,
I have some problems with the PROLINK Pixelview Playtv@p7000 tv-card to
convert VHS (S-video input) with WMM (SP2). The playback is jerky.
The TV-card has a hardware MPEG encoder and WMM uses another format? Need I
to disable this feature? (I don't know how to do it)
Any solutions?
Thanks.
JP

Mike Movie

Capturing from TV cards can be tricky. Try experiementing with the
settings on the video card using small resolutions at first. The video
card should come with some basic video capture software that may be written
specifically for your hardware. Sometimes people use the software that
came with the card to capture video and then import these clips into Movie
Maker for editing.

You can also try another DirectShow video editing application (Google
"video capture freeware directshow") and see if that also creates jerky
video. If so, the problem is with the video card or it's drivers. If it
turns out that Movie Maker is the problem in this case, please let us know.

Cheers,
Mike