Hard drive recovery

Reaction score
My 9 month old HP Pavillon dv5 has packed up. The hard drive is no longer accessible by most recovery software and it looks like I ma going to loose everything. It went last night and I was due to get my backup hard drive tomorrow. HP are replacing the drive and I will deal with them later but I need to know a good recovery company? You can hear the drive trying to access the outer rings but nothing

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...
happywave.gif

HAve you tried using Recuva ? I have used it on what seemed like very dead drives with quite good results. As for anygood companies that cvan recover your important data, well there are loads of them, but all extremely expensive. Its a matter of weighing up wether your data etc is quite worth spending hundreds and hundreds getting it recovered.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i used disklabs for my girlfriends laptop when that died. Was about £350-400 and took just over a week for them to recover the data and put it onto a new drive for me

As already stated its not cheap! If the data really is irreplaceable then you don't have much choice

Reaction score
Yeah I am prepared for it to be expensive but will fight that out with HP. It should not happen on a laptop that is less than a year old. I am going to try a local company too but will then look into shipping it off.

Reaction score
Don't bank on HP coughing up for the recovery i just can't see them doing it,warranty on hard drives is usualy for a replacement not the files on it.

Reaction score
Frodo said:
Don't bank on HP coughing up for the recovery i just can't see them doing it,warranty on hard drives is usualy for a replacement not the files on it.

I was about to say the same, and they would probably try say it was software you downloaded etc that made it go boom...

Ask a Question