Happy Diwali and Happy Eid!!!!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear friends

May I wish you all a Happy Diwali for today and a Happy Eid for Friday!!

I would attempt translations but I fear I may omit a significant language.

Enjoy the celebrations and I wish I was in Leicester at this time of the year - the lights and celebrations are just awesome!!

Love

Gabs xx

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hope everyone has a great time! :)

We live near a place often referred to as 'the curry mile', and after years of trouble breaking out at the time of year they are going to close off the area this year. Such a shame that idiots have to ruin things for the rest :(

BBC
Police

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Spare a thought for my hubby who works for the emergency services and is being deployed to a location that will remain nameless on Friday night and for the week-end because significant problems are expected as Eid and Diwali celebrations coincide with an extremist party wanting to march and demonstrate.

Everyone stay safe and enjoy your celebrations.

Gabs xx

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Yet another holiday I dislike! Halloween, bonfire night an diwali. All use crappy fireworks that scare the hell outta my dogs :( . They run around the house looking for places to hide, and there poor hearts are beating at overclocked speeds!

Cant wait till Christmas, theres a holiday I like.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
Yet another holiday I dislike! Halloween, bonfire night an diwali. All use crappy fireworks that scare the hell outta my dogs :( . They run around the house looking for places to hide, and there poor hearts are beating at overclocked speeds!

Cant wait till Christmas, theres a holiday I like.

Agreed on that, even though I ain't got no dogs and I ain't no Christian ;)

The streets round Southall area do look kinda pretty during that Diwali though.

I never heard of Eid before.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
With no disrespect to the views of posters, Diwali is a major Asian faith festival celebrated by Hindus and Sikhs and has the same sort of significance as Christmas has to Christians. I don't really think that it is in the same league as Hallowe'en and Bonfire Night.

Eid is another major faith festival celebrated in the Mosem faith. There are a number of Eids (I will let others who know far more about the celebrations than me elaborate if they wish) but the one coming up this Friday is the 'big one'.

Eid Mubarak to Moslem friends!!

Gabs xx

Last edited:

Ask a Question