Happy Christmas

CSB

Reaction score
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL

Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the way ......................

Don't stay up too late if you want Santa to deliver your pressies
icon10.gif

Rob

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I can't eat anymore. The mother person has gone mad again. Enough food to fffeed a small African country :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Let's talk about Christmas gifts. So far I have two vinyl albums and three computer games.

Far as I'm concerned, this makes me a rich man :)

Today at 6pm I took a half hour walk to the pub where my daughter works, very dark, very cold, across the 'heath crunching footsteps in frozen snow, ice.

Knocked on the door, only the governor and his wife there, preparing tomorrow's Sunday lunch. There was supposed to have been about 30 people but it is so cold and miserable I was the only one who showed.

Faye had gone to her aunts an hour before I got there as well. So Stuart bought me a pint of Guinness, we talked and I left after 30 minutes and walked home again. I'd got used to the cold by now and it didn't bother me, in fact I enjoyed the walk. I half-heartedly sung some songs to myself on the way home - Silent Night, Away In A Manger and oddly Paul McCartney's 'Someone's knocking at The Door'. One guy getting out his car heard me singing and smiled at me. A couple walking on the 'heath (a fat bird and her bald bloke) wished me Happy Christmas and I thanked them and wished the same to them.

I'm glad I went out even if it wasn't as I thought it would be.

My Gammon joint was superb which made me think that maybe sometimes it is worth spending the xtra money on food.

Of all days, today my broadband connection decided to go flakey on me. It kept going on and off. I'm not sure why, I gues it's one of these reasons: Modem/Router dying on me (doubtful); Telephone exchange problems (most likely);ISP messing me about because I've been using Bit Torrent services (Who knows?). Still, seems ok now.

I've played some CoD4 online, a Borderlands add-on (The Zombie Island Of Dr Ned) and I've started playing Oblivion through again, playing lots of mods and side quests this time though, taking my time. I really like Oblivion, so much better than the Fallout 3 games.

And finally, a story on the BBC news that warmed my heart, kinda happy/sad. As most of you know I am not a religious person but some biblical stories are good. The Good Samaritan is one of those stories and that is what this story echoes:

The modern day good samaritan

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
...................and oddly Paul McCartney's 'Someone's knocking at The Door'. One guy getting out his car heard me singing and smiled at me.

I suppose you are referring to this one, I love it!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everybody! :D

...better late than never! ;)

Ask a Question