cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Our first Aniversay :D :D :D
So
smiley.gif
Married one year
smiley_big_grin.gif

For all you guys over on the other side of the planet who don't know, Dunedin was meltingly hot yesturday. We had planned to go for a picnic
smiley.gif
Pack a lunch, stop somewhere in a nice field or beach or somewhere, have a romantic picnic, home again for some mad passionate romantic xxx (mind your own
smiley_wink.gif
) then out for a meal at a restaurant (the one John nearly proposed to me in
smiley_big_grin.gif
) & home for some more mad passionate anniversary romancing
smiley.gif

Yes it was looking good
smiley.gif
smiley.gif
smiley.gif

Then we woke up, & it was sooooo hot that walking out the front door was like walking into a wall of heat (& it wasn't exactly chilling in the house to start with) & even in the shade we had to keep peeling ourselves off our clothes (Oi! You got a dirty mind!
smiley_wink.gif
)
So much for the picnic lol.
So, instead went for a drive
smiley_big_grin.gif

with the air conditioning on full blast & froze happily
smiley_big_grin.gif

(& for those of you that really want shocking! I wore a skirt!
smiley_ohmygod.gif
& I've always been a trousers girl)
Then we paddled in the water on a beach
smiley.gif

Stopped & had lunch at a cafe that made the worst milkshakes IN THE WORLD!!!
smiley_big_grin.gif
smiley_big_grin.gif
smiley_big_grin.gif

Drove home still in the delightfully frigid atmosphere of the cars air conditioning.
Stopped at a plant shop & got poorer
smiley.gif
(plants shops, bookshops & shoe shops... I can never walk out of them with the same amount of money & baggage as I walk in!)
We tried not to melt into a puddle of butter during the mad dash through the heat-wall to the house... only to find that the house was not any cooler
smiley_ohmygod.gif

Soaked in a delightfully cool shower.
smiley.gif

Dressed up all spiff
smiley_big_grin.gif

And went out for dinner :) very romantic :)
Then we stopped & got the weeks groceries on the way home lol.

("So... what did you do for your first anniversary?" "Oooooh we went to countdown!" *nods smugly* "beat that!" )

All in all it really has been a fantastic day with lots of hugging & snuggling, hand holding & mushy songs
smiley_big_grin.gif
& yes... we did manage some 'mind your own'
smiley_wink.gif
despite the heat, so don't be nosey
smiley_big_grin.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Glad youse two had a good time :)

For my first wedding anniversary first anniversary, I cannot remember what the hell I did. Probably nowt cos we got married on 13th December.

For my second wedding first anniversary (August 2nd) we went camping for the weekend at Sandwich in Kent, drove around the coast during the day and got thoroughly drunk in the evening. You have to get drunk if you're sleeping in a tent :)

Oh, and on the way home we saw some stock car racing at Dover.

Romantic huh? ;)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
lol, sounds romantic to me.. though it doesn't beat countdown :p
& they were renovating at the time too!!!
So... not just the usual grocery shopping... this time we couldn't find anything either lol
& I was wearing high heels... By the time we left I wasn't really walking, I was just faking it ;) :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A slightly late, but Happy Anniversary to you both :D Sounds like it was a fun day, in spite of the heat ... and the grocery shopping ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Gosh - has its been a year already :eek: - Happy Anniversary Ciri
happywave.gif

Still waiting for the vid of the wedding and that dress :p

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thanks TC :D It was :)
Maybe not a conventional anniversary... but then, I've no idea just that would be anyway lol. And it definitely was lovely :) & Memorable :rolleyes:

Don't worry Ady.. I haven't forgotten & since I'll be going into town 3 days a week now I'll actually be in town during shopping hours for a change & hopefully should have it on the way soon.
Mind you... lol, I seem to recall you never answered my email asking for an address to send it to :rolleyes:

lol, no Abarbarian... luckily countdown over here is just a supermarket.
Mind you... a couple of years back the lights in the first "o" blew, and for months it was an entirely different shop we were shopping at & I have to admit that, whenever I see the name my brain automatically does the switch now.
So, maybe it wasn't such a bad place for an anniversary after all :eek: :lol:

Reaction score
Dont remember aniversaries anymore, gave up after wedding number 3!
First wife went mad, 2nd wife thought i was mad & 3rd wife thinks we are both mad!!:D

Ask a Question