handwriting recognition

Tsotsi

XP home or XP pro

I understand from MSKB article 306906 that it is pretty straightforward to
setup & use the handwriting recognition feature and that most MS programs
like Office (Word, Excel) & Outlook etc will support it. I would like to
hear from anyone actually using it about it's strengths and weaknesses. Also
which tablet & pen should be purchased ? This is for a desktop machine (yet
to be purchased) that will be used by someone (a friend) who cant type at
all and wants to literally write and have it converted to text.

thanks

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

Tablet PCs can be used as desktop computers or to replace them and you might
get a better answer on one of the Tablet PC newsgroups. Please click the
Newsgroups button on the Outlook Express toolbar, type tabletpc in the
search box and try your question on microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.