Hail in April

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This is really weird weather - lovely and sunny a couple of days ago, and then lots of hail!

All of this fell in just a minute or so:

attachment.php

Attachments

• hail.jpg
    hail.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 221

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The 'British' weather ... :p

Fact : Hail is more common in Summer than Winter ... does this mean summer is really here?

:lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All Hail the Rocket Scientist :bow:

Sorry, just couldn't resist that :D

And snow on me birfday as well :eek:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
All Hail the Rocket Scientist
bowdown.gif

Sorry, just couldn't resist that :D

And snow on me birfday as well :eek:
It's all to do with climate change.
After all, this time last year they said the South East of England would have the hottest summer in years.
What did we get?......rain....more rain..........and a lot of it!

Reaction score
It's going to be wet/windy/stormy Friday/Saturday, so take a brolly with you ;)

I don't think those higher than Newcastle need to bother though, as it's not going to be so bad up there.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Had hail here yesterday aswell, one minute it was sunny and clear then all of a sudden it went dark with black clouds then the heavens opened and hail just the size of the ice balls in your pics fell for just over 4 or 5 minutes then stopped, it then drizzled for about 15 minutes and the black clouds dissapeared just as quick as they had arrived and then the sun came out and it was lovely again for the rest of the day...

April showers indeed..April has always been a strange month and thats probably why I quite like it..:nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's been raining and sunny here as well.

Quite odd.

One minute bright and sunny, next, within a very few minutes, it grows dark and pours intensely for 15 minutes or so.

On Friday I was caught out and got drenched by the rain, ya know, water actually pouring down my head and down my neck.

April has always been a strange month. It's also the month in which I was born, which may or may not say something ;)

Reaction score
Here, in Sheffield, the weather has been exactly like that; one minute is it extremely sunny (and warm too), the next it's hailing. Considering I have been watching TV I preferred the hail, but either way, talk about jumping all over the place ...silly weather :p hehe.

Ask a Question