GW2 One Time Epic Event an "EPIC" faulure!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
GW2 epic "one time" weekend event was an epic failure.

The event was so full of BUGS that ANet were still patching the game just before the grand finally. Needless to say a lot of people could not relogon because of the queues.

Ingame lagg was abysmal at times leading to game crashes for some players. On re-entering they naturally found themselves on an overflow server, which of course meant you were nowhere where you where when the client crashed.

Some people we lucky, they actually got to see the "loot chest" at the end, seems, however, if you blinked twice, it was gone. There were a lot of players that did not even get to the chest before it de-spawned apparently.

Don't forget, this was a "one time event" that started on Friday and concluded Sunday evening. Providing you figured out what you were supposed to do, bugs permitting, in the first place. You should have got to the right docks to board the right ship to the new island, provided you managed to circumvent the buggy paper trail leading up to this moment in time. ANet thought it a good idea to communicate via ReditTwitFace, with some help eventually being given on the official forums. Most people retorted to spamming the chat channels for information.

ANet had the "insight" to hold a "Refer a Friend Free Trial" to coincide with this weekends' event, needless to say I've read reports from players stating their friends will not be returning any time soon to such a buggy game. Can't say I blame them.

As for myself, well, I had a fun time ... NOT!! :cry:

I won't be re-subbing this month ... oh wait :rolleyes:

[edit] just to add;
It isn't unusual on the "official" ANet forums for ANet Mods & Devs to merge post, due to some "glitch" however, a lot of "feedback" has been lost. :lol:

Ask a Question