Guide Plus Startup Question

R

Ric K.

When I click on the Guide Plus icon the program starts fine. I get the page with the TV
guide grid and my TV appears in the upper left corner. The problem is that just as soon
as the program loads it vanishes and all I'm left with is my TV running at it's default
size.

I can click on the TV control panel to summon the guide a second time which then functions
properly.

Question- How do I get the Guide Plus to load and stay visible the first time? I can find
no setting for this. Why place an icon on my desktop to summon a specific program if it
always exits and summons a second program that actually has the ability to open the first?

Ric

A

Aloke Prasad

Never happened to me. I can launch Guide+ from the start menu program
group.

Check the Properties of the shortcut you are using. It may provide some
clues.
Which version of Guide+ do you have?

R

Ric K.

I have Guide Plus version 1.0.0.44, MMC 8.8, Drivers 3.10, and the card is ATI AIW Pro

I tried removing and re-installing both MMC 8.8 and Guide Plus with no change. The
shortcut on my desktop, the one in the Program directory, and the one from the ATI Control
Panel all point to the same file and do the same problem- the guide loads and then shuts
down and is replaced by the TV.

The only clue I have is that the defect ONLY occurs when scheduling is turned on. My ATI
scheduler is atisched.exe, version 8.8.001.

Ideas?

Ric

A

Aloke Prasad

Ric K. said:
I have Guide Plus version 1.0.0.44, MMC 8.8, Drivers 3.10, and the card is ATI AIW Pro

I tried removing and re-installing both MMC 8.8 and Guide Plus with no change. The
shortcut on my desktop, the one in the Program directory, and the one from the ATI Control
Panel all point to the same file and do the same problem- the guide loads and then shuts
down and is replaced by the TV.

The only clue I have is that the defect ONLY occurs when scheduling is turned on. My ATI
scheduler is atisched.exe, version 8.8.001.

Ideas?

No :-(

I have the same versions and everything works normally

Ask a Question