Grub loading -- ERROR 21 ???

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Grub loading -- ERROR 21 ???--SOLVED

:blush:Ooops I accidentaly stood on the power switch on me extension cable and cut the power to the pc . Now when I try to start up I get the above message .

I'm using Acronis Disk Director and Acronis True Home with a dual boot with Windows XP . I have (mistakenly I think) put the Grub in the very first MBR on the first disk .

So that XP with MBR on main hard drive at the begining and Mandriva on a usb hhd all booting through Acronis OS Selector .

I have backed up both OS's with Acronis TH but do not want to do a restore if I can help it as I will loose some of my latest additions to the linux system .

Can anyone help me getarround this ERROR 21 ?

Thanks .

user.gif

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You got to love linux . Switched the pc on and off a couple of times , same prob .

Switched pc off and went for lunch . Came back switched pc on and problem had disapeared . Mandriva now working and booting ok .

I'm using Acronis Disk Director and am using the Acronis OS selector function . Windows XP is on the first partition on the main hdd and Mandriva is installed on a usb hdd . I put all the boot loaders into the main hdd MBR and everything works ok'ish . Acronis suggests that it is best to put linux boot stuff at the begining of the drive where linux is installed , I read this gem of info after I had installed .

Is it possible for me to put the Mandriva Grub on the usb drive ,thats where the Mandriva lives .

Or will I end up screwing everything up ??

Yet again .
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question