Grovelling Ebay

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ebay feels threatened..

Their manuscript below

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
eBay was built on a simple idea - that we could empower people by building a global trading platform where practically anyone could buy or sell practically anything. But that idea is now under threat from certain brand owners and manufacturers who are trying to turn back the clock and block the sale of their products on online marketplaces and other websites across the EU.
[/font]
spacer.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ultimately, what is at stake is the right of sellers to compete fairly in the wider online marketplace, and the right of buyers to be able to access the best possible deals from the widest possible selection of goods.[/font]
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some of these brand owners argue that their objective is to prevent the sale of counterfeits on eBay. But thanks to our work with 31,000 other rights owners, only 0.15% of listings last year were detected or reported as potentially counterfeit. The real aim of these brands is to block the sale of all their products on our site - regardless of whether such items are new or second-hand, genuine or fake. It's not just luxury items that are affected, but also everyday items like children's toys, electronic equipment, lawnmowers and pushchairs. And if we want to prevent other brand owners from following suit, we need to act now.[/font]
spacer.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We are therefore calling on European policymakers to amend EU competition law to stop these unfair trade practices. But we need your help to persuade them to take action. If you would like to join our campaign against online trade barriers, please sign our petition.[/font]

spacer.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regards,
Your eBay Team

edit (Ian) : fixed it for you :)
[/font]

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Excuse S*y Basic internet ..but its crap ....Can`t amend coz it loses signal..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I got that as well.

E-Bay are a bigger ripoff merchant than Microsoft and here they are grovelling because at last somebody has challenged them.

Not only do they take a slice for selling - which is almost fair enough - but then they more or less insist you use Paypal for which they (the same owners) take another slice. And Paypal take a full week or longer to transfer funds, they could do it quicker than that if they wanted to but they just love to coin that interest.

Couple that with the ratings system on E-Bay is biased against sellers and I'm really not impressed with E-Bay.

But what choice do I have? Gumtree you say? It's really not that effective and attracts spammers by the cartload.

Unfortunately E-Bay have the market sewn up until somebody else can dislodge them.

Good to see them getting a bloody nose :)

I am perhaps sounding a little over harsh, my biggest gripe is Paypal fees, cos overall E-Bay isn't too bad but it could be a helluva lot better.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
My Opinion mirrors Flops, Ebay has become a business to make as much money from us as it can ..nothing wrong with that except it goes against everything it was set out to do. Hope it takes notice and gets back to offering people a way of making a little cash whilst itself does, it may then get its customers support in this matter, but i think there are rather too many disgruntled customers to back its petition.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Have used e-bid had a wii fit on for 6 months for £70 when they were as rare as rocking horse ..... never sold..Customer base may well improve now as fees are ok

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ebay are now offering bonus points that can be exchanged for money off next purchases...kind of Loyalty Bonus...( Looks like they are trying what i suggested..winning back consumer confidence). I have been chosen (anyone else here ?) anyway Need some camping stuff so wont buy for the sake but lets see what it has to offer :confused:

Ask a Question