Group Policy Lock Out

G

I have used Group Policy Editor to prohibit users from doing many, many things but I have accidentily locked out myself from Windows. I am the administrator and I am not able to change any settings any more. How do you remove the group policies? I have no access to the registry or the command prompt and I have only allowed access to permitted Windows programs (WinWord, Excel, etc.) I am not able to make any changes from the Admin account on the Win
2000 domain or the local Win2K machine admin account.

S

Steven L Umbach

First try gpedit.msc in the run box and if that does not work try the registry mod as
shown in the KB link below. You might also try logging onto a domain computer as a
local administrator - not a domain account, then creating a local account with
credentials for domain admin and trying to manage Group Policy remotely via mmc/Group
Policy/other computer. --- Steve

Shotz said:
I have used Group Policy Editor to prohibit users from doing many, many things but
I have accidentily locked out myself from Windows. I am the administrator and I am
not able to change any settings any more. How do you remove the group policies? I
have no access to the registry or the command prompt and I have only allowed access
to permitted Windows programs (WinWord, Excel, etc.) I am not able to make any
changes from the Admin account on the Win

Ask a Question