Group Policy Administrative Templates is empty (XP Pro)

Jeremy

Hello. I went to enable a few settings in Group Policy in my Windows XP Pro
installation and there were only two options there...Windows Desktop Search
and Windows Components. Under Windows Components the only option was Windows
Media Player. Any ideas why all of the other folders and options might be
missing? Thanks!

Jonathan Boyko

Ehlo Jeremy,
Under User Configuration right-click Administrative Templates and click on
Add/Remove Templates. Then click on Add and make sure you're in folder C:\Windows\Inf.
There, choose these files: conf.adm, intecorp.adm, inetres.adm, inetset.adm,
system.adm, wmplayer.adm and wuau.adm. Clicking on Open and then on Close
will add those files to your GP editor.

---
Sincerely,
Jonathan M. Boyko,
TMidEast.Com.

J> Hello. I went to enable a few settings in Group Policy in my Windows
J> XP Pro installation and there were only two options there...Windows
J> Desktop Search and Windows Components. Under Windows Components the
J> only option was Windows Media Player. Any ideas why all of the other
J> folders and options might be missing? Thanks!

Jeremy

Johnathan,

PERFECT! Thank you! I wonder why this happened. I've been using XP Pro since
it first came out and never ran into this. Thanks again!

Jonathan Boyko

Ehlo Jeremy,
Well, when I opened my GPO editor to tell you what to do, I discovered most
files weren't added as well, for some reason. Maybe it's a big Microsoft
conspiracy :D

---
Sincerely,
Jonathan M. Boyko,